Every woman has different experience during pregnancy. Some are filled with joy, excitement and energy to welcome their little one whereas others may suffer from different kinds of problems which make them anxious. As you are going to become parents to an adorable, tiny human being, so you may have a great variety of emotions but keep in mind that don’t let the anxiety make you depressed. Isn’t pregnancy time supposed to be a time of joy and happiness? But if you become anxious then it can be more complicated. If you are anxious during pregnancy then you need of well-experienced and knowledgeable Gynaecologist in Chandigarh at Curedor hospital.
Causes anxiety during pregnancy: – Although there are lots of causes of this problem. Out of which, some are under your control whereas some are not, such as hormonal changes are one of the causes that are not under your control and this may affect the chemicals in your brain that can cause anxiety.
Symptoms of anxiety during pregnancy: – Worry up to some extent is natural during pregnancy. The biggest reason is, this process can be new for you or you can have some bad experience in the past like miscarriages that can be a reason for concern. But if these kinds of worries start interfering in your day-to-day life then you can have anxiety. Some of the common symptoms are described below: –
- Unable to concentrate
- Tense muscles
- Feeling irritated all the time
- Poor Sleep
Sometimes excessive anxiety can take place of panic attacks which can start very suddenly having above symptoms and progress.
Symptoms of Panic attacks: –
- A feeling of cannot breathe properly
- A feeling of going crazy
- A feeling of something awful will happen
Risk Factors of anxiety during pregnancy: –
- Someone can have a family history of anxiety or panic attacks
- You can have your own history of anxiety, panic attacks or depression
- Someone can have previous trauma
- Someone can be addicted of certain illegal drugs
- Excessive stress in day-to-day life
Treatment for anxiety during pregnancy: – There is no need of any kind of medication or treatment for mild cases of anxiety because you can mention your feelings to your doctor. But if there is severe anxiety then doctor can recommend you proper medication for your problem so that you may relax during this time.
When you are worried some of your special persons like family or friends will always suggest you to stop worrying because it can be harmful for your baby. You may think that it is easier to say than done. But it is right if you control your anxiety otherwise it can associate the biggest risks like preeclampsia, premature birth or low birth weight.
How to cope Anxiety during Pregnancy?
- Discuss About it: – If you are worried then you must share your worries with someone like your partner, close friend or family member so that your worries may not trap you around it and no problem may occur in future. Except it, you may also ask from your doctor to refer a trained therapist who can help you cope with your anxiety.
- Engage yourself in an Activity: – It is the best to keep you engage in some activities which are helpful in lowering the stress and anxiety. Some physical activities work like painkillers in your brain. You can do some simple but effective activities such as:
- Distract Your Mind from Worries: – It will be much beneficial to try some activities like meditation, acupuncture, and massage therapy, deep breathing exercise, etc. so that your body releases endorphins without working up sweat. If you do deep abdominal breathing activity for 20 – 30 minutes every day then it will provide more oxygen to your brain and stimulate your nervous system.
- Have Enough Sleep: – It is important for all human beings to have enough sleep but it is most important for pregnant women. If you wake up often at night then you can try sneaking in a nap whenever you feel the urge.
- Write About It: – If you don’t want to discuss your worries with anyone then you can write your thoughts and feelings in your notebook. When you write down your thoughts and feeling, it will start decreasing the affect on you.
- Empower Yourself: – Some women have fear of child birth which is called Tokophobia. If you are also one of them then you can sign up for a birth class where you will learn about different stages of labor, and everything about child birth. You will get suggestions for dealing with pain or you can also chat with other mothers who are having same feelings and worries like you.
- Ask Your Doctor: – If any of the way is not helping you cope with your anxiety and you are having frequent panic attacks then you must call your doctor because the sooner you get help, the better you will feel.