The benefits of using castor oil for hair growth.
1. There are many natural remedies which can be used to help the hair to grow. Castor oil is one which has been used in ancient societies such as Greece, India and Egypt for thousands of years.
2. This medicinal oil can be used as an overnight treatment twice per week. It has been reported by many to increase hair growth to 3 to 5 times the normal rate.
3. Castor oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. It contains beneficial omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, proteins, minerals and vitamins which makes it excellent for both the skin and hair.
4. When rubbed into the scalp it can protect the head from folliculitis, scalp infections and dandruff.
5. The high contents of ricinoleic acid increase circulation to the scalp which improves hair growth, and in many cases reverses hair loss.
6. This amino acid also helps to balance the pH level of the scalp, replenishing natural oils and reversing damage caused by over the counter hair products, which contain harmful chemicals.
7. The antioxidants in the oil also help the hair to grow stronger, smoother and less frizzy by supporting the keratin within the hair.
8. To use castor oil for hair growth, take a small amount of Jamaican Castor Oil, and massage this into the hair and scalp as an all over treatment. Only a few drops are needed. This can be used daily, or twice a week depending on how quickly you wish your hair to grow. It is best to apply this to damp hair and leave in overnight before washing with a gentle shampoo.
You can also mix this with argan oil or coconut oil to make a highly rejuvenating conditioner.