The benefits of using kava kava or kava root for anxiety.
1. Kava is a drink made from the piper methysticum, a plant native to the pacific islands. It has been used for thousands of years by ancient cultures such as the Aboriginals of Australia.
2. Kava-Lactones within the root have a medicinal effect on the brain and central nervous system. Many people use this as a natural remedy for anxiety.
3. This can be purchased in capsule form which contains a powder. 100mg can be taken in the evening to reduce stress and ease anxiety.
4. This triggers a sense of deep relaxation throughout the entire body, offering a release from anxiety and tension.
5. Taking this in the evening is best before enjoying a wonderfully relaxing night’s sleep. This is often used for those who also struggle with insomnia.
6. Many people also use Kava for OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and relaxing the mind from the struggles of social anxiety.
7. It also has been shown to have positive effects on those suffering from depression and excessive fatigue syndrome. This is commonly used in Fiji in strong doses.
8. We recommend taking this rarely, as a study has shown that excessive use can lead to liver damage. Once every week or two should not cause any problems on a low dosage.
9. Women have also used this to treat painful PMS, to soothe the pain and cramps from their monthly cycle.