The health benefits of Krill Oil and it’s medicinal uses. Krill Oil is a nutrient-dense liquid that is made from small shrimp-like animals found in the Antarctic ocean. This can be taken as a daily supplement to protect and heal the human body from many different health problems.
In this article, we will explore 25 facts and health benefits of krill oil, and explain how it works in the body.
1. Joint Health: Krill oil can help those suffering with all forms of arthritis, as it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3’s lower inflammation in the joints and work as natural pain relief. Taking a daily supplement can help to reduce stiffness and swelling in the joints.
2. Immunity: If you suffer from cold or flu infections often then taking a good quality Krill Oil supplement can help. It’s omega 3-s support your immune system in fighting off harmful viruses, bacteria and other pathogens from the environment. DHA, one of the main types of omega 3 in Krill Oil enhances white blood cell activity to protect the body from infections.
3. Absorption: Compared to other fish oils, Krill Oil’s nutrients are much more easily absorbed and used by the body. The omega 3 fats in the oil are bound to phospholipids, which helps them to be absorbed directly into your cells, especially the brain.
4. Brain Health: We highly recommend taking Krill oil if you suffer from memory problems, poor concentration or brain fog. DHA found in Krill oil can rapidly boost brain health, and may help prevent dementia with age. DHA is used as raw material to make the brain structure and its cells. This is extremely important in growing children and pregnant women.
5. Anti-Ageing: The healthy omega 3 fats found in Krill Oil help to reduce inflammation in the body and protect from oxidative damage. Krill oil also contains a unique antioxidant called Astaxanthin, which is one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature. This can protect the internal organs and skin from free radical damage with age.
6. Heart Health is the superb health benefits of krill oil: Fish oils are perhaps most well-known for their ability to strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system. The deep red coloured astaxanthin in Krill Oil can help to reduce high blood pressure and improve blood flow. The omega 3 fats also reduce inflammation in the arteries and allow for normal blood flow. This helps the heart to pump oxygen-rich blood around the body to support your billions of cells.
7. Eye Health: We highly recommend taking a daily supplement of Krill Oil if you suffer from dry eyes, blurred vision, eyestrain and fatigue. The nutrients in Krill Oil reduce strain on the eyes by lowering inflammation. This is very useful if you work on a computer all day, or spend a lot of time reading.
8. Exercise Performance: It is very important to get enough omega 3 fatty acids into the diet, especially when exercising. Arctic Krill oil is a superior source of omega 3-s which promote flexible movements during exercise and higher energy levels. By lowering inflammation, Krill oil also helps the body to recover faster after an intensive workout.
9. Energy Production Krill Oil can also help the body to produce more energy at the cellular level. The omega 3-s and antioxidants help to strengthen the mitochondria. These are the small energy factories within your cells that make cellular energy called ATP. This can help you to feel less tired and more alert.
10. Liver Health Krill oil naturally contains choline, a nutrient which is extremely important for healthy cells. Choline helps to strip away unwanted fat from the liver so that it can continue to purify your blood and reduce the risk of liver diseases.
11. Weight Loss By supporting liver function this oil can also help you to lose weight and burn off those extra pounds. The insulin hormone must be kept down in the body in order to burn fat quickly. The fat-soluble nutrients found in the krill oil help to keep this hormone down so that you may tap into your own fat reserves for energy and lose weight.
12. Menstrual Pain: If you are a woman who suffers from heavy periods and above average menstrual pain then you may consider Krill Oil or Cod Liver Oil. The omega 3-s help to naturally alleviate pain and also help the blood to flow more freely. We also recommend eating lots of cruciferous vegetables to balance female hormones.
Health benefits of krill oil
13. Bone Health: Omega 3 fatty acids in krill oil improve the strength of the bones by boosting the amount of calcium that they store. This reduces the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures with age. We also recommend consuming foods rich in vitamin D and vitamin K2 to further strengthen the bones.
14. Lung Function: Studies show that astaxanthin and omega 3-s found in krill oil can help to improve lung function in ex-smokers and overweight people. Astaxanthin is an antioxidant which helps to protect the lungs from further damage and improve oxygen levels in the blood.
15. Learning Disorders: Parents could consider giving their children a daily supplement of Krill Oil if they have learning disorders like dyslexia or ADHD. Studies show that this oil can improve concentration levels by 60%, social skills by 49% and planning skills by 50%. This works very well when used alongside movement therapy.
16. Improve Mood: If you suffer from chronic depression or other mood disorders then taking Krill Oil daily can help. Studies show that omega 3 fatty acids and choline help to improve brain chemistry and nerve health by regulating serotonin and other neurotransmitters in the brain.
17. Stress: Studies show that taking omega 3 fatty acids frequently reduces problems related to stress and anxiety. The EPA found in Krill oil helps the brain to manage its stress response, in creating feelings of peace. It also helps to balance brain chemistry and neurotransmitters to help you sleep better at night.
18. Skin Health: The skin is the largest organ in the human body and needs lots of omega 3’s to make strong cell walls. Omega 3-s in Krill Oil help to moisturise the skin and prevent red, dry or itchy skin disorders like dermatitis. They have also been shown to protect it against sun damage and reduce inflammation to fight pimples and acne.
19. Nutrients and health benefits of krill oil: 1 krill oil capsule of 1000mg generally contains 240mg Omega 3-s, 100mg of Astaxanthin, 50mg of Choline and 430mg of Phospholipids.
20. Digesting Krill Oil The important nutrients found in Krill Oil such as DHA, EPA, Choline and Astaxanthin are fat-soluble. To absorb these properly you will need a healthy digestive system and a working gallbladder. If you struggle with digestion issues, you can take an ox bile supplement daily to help absorb fat-soluble nutrients and omega 3’s.
21. Fish Oils vs Krill Oil: Most fish oil supplements you see in stores are highly processed and heated which destroys their delicate nutrients. Unfortunately, these can also go rancid very quickly as they are very fragile. Krill Oil is a much better option because the phospholipids and astaxanthin within help to protect the natural oils from turning rancid, and keeps them fresh for much longer. Krill oil also contains fewer toxins and contaminants than fish oils as they are lower on the food chain. The only downside is that Krill oil does not contain Vitamin A and D like cod liver oil.
22. Dosage: Krill oil usually comes in soft gel capsules or hard capsules. Be sure to read the label for the correct daily dosage and consult your health care professional if you are already taking any existing medications.
23. Sustainability Another added benefit of Krill Oil is that fishing for Krill is very carefully regulated in order to protect the sea creatures and balance of the oceans food chain. This is much more sustainable and eco-friendly than regular fish oils and cod liver oil.
24. Storage: Krill Oil stays fresh for much longer than other forms of omega-3, and can be stored safely in a dark cool place. You may also store this in the refrigerator in the same way you would with raw fish. 25. Side Effects Those with seafood allergies may be allergic to Krill Oil supplements as this is a marine oil, made from shellfish. Krill oil can slow blood clotting which may increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery, so be sure to stop using this at least 2 weeks before a scheduled operation. As you can see, krill oil has some fantastic health benefits for the human body, especially when taken on a regular basis. Supplements like these take time to begin healing the body, so be sure to continue with your daily dose and you will begin to notice improvements in 1 month or less.