The health benefits of Moringa Oil
1. Moringa oil is made from the leaves and seeds of the “Miracle Tree” known as Moringa Oleifera. This is also known as the Drumstick tree, due to the shape of its leaves. This is one of nature’s most powerful medicinal trees and has been used for over 5000 years in Ayurveda.
2. The leaves, roots, pods, bark and stems of the moringa tree are used to treat over 300 different ailments. Moringa oil contains 90 different types of nutrients, with 46 antioxidants and 36 anti-inflammatory agents.
3. The ancient Greeks used moringa oil for healing and protecting the skin. It was used in skin lotions, oils and perfumes. This was used to nourish the skin and slow down the ageing process. The antioxidants it contains help the skin from being damaged by free radicals.
4. The ancient Egyptians also applied Moringa Oil to the face to protect it from the sun and ravages of sand in the desert. In fact, this oil was so precious in this culture that they used in burial rituals. It was also placed in vases along with other oils the tombs of their loved ones.
5. Nowadays moringa oil is still used, especially in tropical climates to keep the skin healthy and radiant looking. It is also a popular treatment for strengthening hair follicles and preventing breakage.
6. Moringa oil is becoming more popular in Western parts of the world for skincare, along with Argan Oil and Olive Oil. Moringa has a more powerful effect in improving skin elasticity, preventing wrinkles and clearing up acne and skin irritation.
7. In terms of hair care, a few drops of the oil can be massaged into the hair and scalp. This can be applied to damp hair and allowed to remain. This is also known as a natural “leave-in conditioner.” The minerals and vitamins are absorbed into the follicles which restore their flexibility, softness and shine.
8. The oil will also nourish the scalp and destroy any bacteria or fungi which may be causing dryness or flakes. The oil is slowly absorbed into the scalp and prevents these microorganisms from spreading.
9. Applying this regularly will help in boosting hair growth, as the hair follicles will be stronger and less prone to breakage. Split ends are less of a problem when using this often.
10. You can also add a few drops of moringa oil to your regular shampoo or conditioner. This makes it easier to apply and provides the benefits that you need.
11. The skin will remain to look vibrant and youthful if this oil is applied regularly, especially on the face and neck area. This is due to the contents of the oil of oleic acid, which is 72 per cent of its composition. Oleic acid works as a natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. This heals nearly all skin conditions and is 100 per cent natural.
Be sure to purchase a good quality oil which is 100 per cent cold-pressed. Cold-pressed oil has not been heated and has been ground and squeezed directly from moringa seeds. The leaves of this plant can be eaten and are often powdered to produce internal health benefits in the body. These can cure the body of a great range of diseases.