How to relieve itchy skin with natural remedies at home.
Itchy skin is a common problem and is usually caused by dry skin, allergic reactions or insect bites. Irritation of the skin can become very uncomfortable, and can even continue for a long time if it is not treated.
In this article, we will share with you six methods which you can follow to get rid of itchy skin fast.
1. Apply 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil to the itchy skin. Coconut oil is one of the best natural remedies to moisturize and soothe the skin. Do this on a daily basis. The skin is most often healed within 2-3 weeks. This works to moisturise and soothe a great range of skin conditions.
2. Petroleum Jelly can be massaged into the skin and left overnight. Wash this off gently in the morning with a mild soap. This lubricates the skin and helps to treat irritation, especially from minor cuts, wounds and insect bites.
3. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and apply to itchy skin. Allow this to dry on the skin and then wash the area using lukewarm water. The citrus within the juice has the effect of reducing itching.
4. A few drops of calendula oil can be gently rubbed into the skin. This works as a natural antihistamine and reduces allergic reactions within the skin tissue.
5. Aloe Vera leaves can be sliced open to release a clear gel. This gel has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties which can reduce irritation, itching and rashes instantly. Simply apply this to the area and allow to dry. Do this twice per day.
6. Create a herbal tea using chamomile and hot water. Allow this to cool when it has infused, and soak into a cotton ball. Apply the chamomile mixture all over the skin to quickly soothe itching.
Try some of these remedies and see which works best for your skin. If you find that these treatments are not working then you may need to improve your diet. Reduce your intake of refined sugars and eat leafy green vegetables to provide essential minerals and vitamins for the skin.