The benefits of using castor oil for constipation
1. Constipation is a common problem which can leave us feeling very uncomfortable as we can’t use the toilet.
2. Many people suffer from this on a regular basis but do not realise that is can cause problems for your health. Castor oil has been used since ancient times as a natural remedy to treat constipation.
3. This has a great range of uses in natural medicine but also works as a natural laxative. This increases the movement of the intestines and helps to remove blockages.
4. If you take any medications or have allergies, be sure to speak with your doctor before taking castor oil as this can cause interference.
5. You must use cold-pressed 100 per cent pure castor oil for this to work. Be sure to check the label to check that the castor oil you use is food grade.
6. For this remedy, take half a tablespoon of castor oil. This will make the natural medicine work quickly. You can mix this with a glass of fresh fruit juice to improve the flavour if you wish.
7. Chilling the oil in the refrigerator also makes it taste slightly better.
8. This usually makes you go to the toilet within 2-6 hours. If this does not work be sure to speak to a doctor immediately, as you may have an obstruction or problem with your intestines.
9. You can take this once per day to help with bowel movements. You should not do this for more than 7 days at a time.
10. If you suffer from constipation more often, you should correct this by eating a balanced diet with lots of raw vegetables, fruits and fibre. Drinking water regularly also helps.
11. Did you know that castor oil is often used to clean out the intestines before bowel surgery and examinations.