Check Harshad Mehta (Scam 1992) Wife, Son, Death, Net worth, Brother, Family and more from Biography article section on e akhabaar
Harshad Mehta (Scam 1992) Wife, Son, Net worth, Brother, Family and more
Harshad Mehta Biography
Harshad Mehta was an Indian stockbroker and Businessman who was born on 29 July, 1954. He was famous by the name the ‘Big Bull’ and the ‘Amitabh Bachchan of Stock Market’.
He has done his graduation from Lala Lajpat Rai College, Mumbai. He has carried out one of the India’s biggest stock market scam in the year 1992, also known “Scam 1992”.
Now, you are aware of who was Harshad Mehta and what was his profession. So, let’s move ahead and read about Harshad Mehta Wiki, Net Worth, Son, Death, Wife, Brother, Biography, Age, Facts and much more.
Harshad Mehta with Ashwin Mehta
Harshad Mehta Wiki/Bio
Harshad Mehta Wiki/Bio
Full name : Harshad Shantilal Mehta
Profession : Businessman and Stock broker
Known for : Scam 1992 of worth Rs 500 crore
Nicknames : The Big Bull and The Amitabh Bachchan of Stock Market.
Also read: Nithin Kamath (Zerodha) Net Worth, Age, Wife, Twitter, Father, Family and more
Date of Birth (D.O.B) : 29 July, 1954
Birth place : Paneli Moti, Rajkot, Gujarat
Zodiac sign : Leo
Nationality : Indian
Religion : Hindu
School : Holy Senior Secondary School, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
College : Lala Lajpat Rai college of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai (1976)
Qualification : B.com.
Harshad Mehta Wiki/Biography
Age : 47 years
Height : 5 feet 10 inch
Weight : 72 kg
Eye color : Black
Hair color : Black.
Harshad Mehta Family
Marital Status : Married
Wife/ Spouse : Jyoti Mehta
Son : Atur Mehta
Daughter : None
Father : Shantilal Mehta (Businessman)
Mother : Rasilaben Mehta
Sister : None
Brother : Ashwin Mehta, Sudhir Mehta and Hitesh Mehta.
Also read: Ritesh Agarwal (Oyo founder), Wiki, Age, Family, Girlfriend, Net Worth and more
Harshad Mehta Death
Date of Death (D.O.D): 31 December, 2001
Place of Death : Thane Civic Hospital, Mumbai
Cause of Death : Heart Ailment.
Harshad Mehta Net Worth
To be updated.
|Arrest of Harshad Mehta|
Harshad Mehta Biography
Let’s talk about some interesting facts of Harshad Mehta which are less known to the world.
- Harshad Mehta was born on 29 July, 1954 in Gujarati Jain Family at Rajkot, Gujarat. Later, the family moved to Raipur, Chhattisgarh where Harshad studied in Holy cross Secondary School.
- After completing his graduation in 1976, he did odd jobs such as, a cement contractor, an insurance clerk and other odd jobs.
- Later, he joined the Bombay office of New India Assurance Company(NIAC) as a sales person and got interested in the stock market.
- Harshad left the job at NIAC in 1981 and started to work under a stockbroker, Prasann Pranjivandas, as a jobber.
- In the year 1984, Harshad become a member of the Bombay Stock exchange(BSE) and along with hos brother Ashwin Mehta established a stock brokerage firm under the name ‘GrowMore Research and Asset Foundation’.
- He had manipulated the shares of Associated Cement Company(ACC) from Rs.200 to Rs.9000(viz. 4500 percent rise) in just three month.
- By the end of 1991, Harshad was begin know by the ‘Big Bull’ and the ‘Amitabh Bachchan of Stock Market’.
- On 23 April 1992, Sucheta Dala exposed about Harshad’s illegal manipulation of the shares and she published a detailed article in the Times of India on how Rs.500 crores scam was done by him.
- Harshad and his brothers were arrested by the CBI on 9 November 1992 and was banned in the stock market. The CBI had charged him of 72 criminal offences and above 600 criminals cases.
- On 16 June 1993, he made a public announcement that he had paid Rs.1 crore to PM P. V. Narshimha Rao for getting him off the scandal.
- In September 1999, the Bombay High Court sentenced him to 5 years of imprisonment. While, Harshad was serving his term in Thane Prison , he complained of chest pain and was taken to hospital.
- On 31 December 2001, Harshad Mehta died of a heart ailment in the Thane Civic Hospital.
- Sucheta Dalal and Debashis Basu have covered Mehta’s Life and his 1992 Scam in their book ‘The Scam: from Harshad Mehta to Ketan Parekh’.
- In 2020, a Hindi webseries, ‘Scam 1992 – The Harshad Mehta Story’ directed by Harshal Mehta ,starring Pratik Gandhi as Harshad Mehta, is released on SonyLiv and another Bollywood film, ‘The Big Bull’ starring Abhishek Bachchan, Ileana d’cruz, Nikita D and Soham S, is going to be released shortly.
- Is Harshad Mehta alive? : No
- Does Harshad Mehta drink alcohol? : Not Known
- Does Harshad Mehta smoke? ; No
|Pratik Gandhi as Harshad Mehta in Scam 1992|
So, these are the latest information on Harshad Mehta Wiki, Date of Birth, Scam 1992, Wife, Age, Net Worth, Brother, Family, Biography, and more.
Compassionately, share this post with your friends and keep visiting exploringcelebs.blogspot.com for the latest biographies of famous personalities.
If you want such a biography related post on other entrepreneurs or personality then, let me know in the comment box.
Post your comments about Harshad Mehta (Scam 1992) Wife, Son, Death, Net worth, Brother, Family and more Tiktoker below.