Check Today Top Current Affairs 9 July 2021 from news headline section on e akhabaar
Today Top Current Affairs 9 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 9 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 9th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 9 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Indian Govt launches mobile app named Matsya Setu for Indian aqua farmers
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh launched the Online Course Mobile App named “Matsya Setu” on 6th July 2021. the main purpose of this app is to disseminate the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
- The app was developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with the funding support of the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
- During the launching app, Shri Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying. J.N.Swain, Secretary, Department of Fisheries, Government of India, and senior officers of the Department of Fisheries were present.
Defence Ministry implements SPARSH System for sanction & disbursement of defence pension
Defence Ministry has implemented SPARSH [System for Pension Administration (Raksha)]. SPARSH is a web-based system that will help in processing automated sanction and disbursement of defence pension.
- The role of the SPARSH system will be to process pension claims and credits pension directly into the bank accounts of defence pensioners.
- pensioners will not have to depend on any external intermediary.
- For this, Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) has made an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI), and Punjab National Bank (PNB).
World’s tallest sandcastle built in Denmark
In Denmark, A sandcastle has been established and it made a new Guinness World Record for being the tallest sandcastle in the world. the sandcastle has 21.16 meters in height and 3.5m taller.
Prior to this, the previous record was held by sandcastle measuring 17.66 m in Germany in 2019.
Amazon launches its first Digital Kendra in India in Surat
On 8th July 2021, Amazon India has launched its first Digital Kendra in Gujarat’s Surat under its initiative in order to digitize micro small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). The center was inaugurated by state Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- The initiative will help equip MSMEs with the right knowledge, skills, and support to benefit from technology adoption and e-commerce.
- MSMEs can revive and rebuild their businesses after the recent challenges.
- Such Initiatives will also help in taking India towards its vision of being a $5 trillion economy.
- Amazon will invest $1 billion in India to help digitize 10 million Indian MSMEs by 2025.
Double Olympic gold-winning hockey legend Keshav Datt Dies
India’s finest hockey player and two-time Olympic gold medallist Shri Keshav Datt has taken his last breath at the age of 95. he was suffering from age-related ailments.
- He won gold at the 1948 London Olympics and the 1952 Helsinki Olympics Games.
- He was also honored with Mohun Bagan Ratna in 2019.
Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Dies at 87
The former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Virbhadra Singh Ji has passed away at the age of 87. he was suffering from a prolonged illness. He was associated with Congress and was a Senior leader in the party.
- He served as the 4th and longest-serving Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
- He served as the Chief Minister of the state six times, from 8th April 1983 to 5 March 1990, 3rd December 1993 to 23rd March 1998, 6th March 2003 to 29th December 2007, and then for the 6th time as CM from 25th December 2012 to 26th December 2017.
- Apart from this, he also served as union deputy minister in Tourism and Civil Aviation, Minister of State for Industries, Union Minister of Steel and Union Minister of micro, small & medium enterprises (MSME).
Fitch Ratings estimates India GDP growth for FY22 at 10%
Fitch Ratings has made changes in its GDP growth projection for India. as per Fitch, India’s GDP growth will be 10% in 2021-22 (FY22) prior to this, Fitch Ratings estimated a 12.8% GDP growth projection for India.
- In a report, the global rating agency has mentioned the challenges for the banking sector posed by the Covid-19 pandemic have increased due to a virulent 2nd wave in the 1st quarter of the financial year ending March 2022 (FY22).
Paytm Launches small ticket loan product Postpaid Mini
Paytm has launched a new product named Postpaid Mini in partnership with Aditya Birla Finance Ltd. Postpaid Mini initiative will allow users to get small loans ranging from Rs. 250 to Rs. 1,000.
- The Postpaid Mini product is an extension of the ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ service.
- Under this initiative, users will get small ticket instant loans in order to manage their household expenses and maintain liquidity during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Users will get the loan for a period of up to 30 days for repayment at 0 percent interest.
- This loan amount can be used for their monthly expenses, like mobile and direct to home (DTH) recharges, gas cylinder booking, electricity and water bills, shop on Paytm Mall and so on.
Razorpay launches MandateHQ with Mastercard
Razorpay has launched a new payment interface named ‘MandateHQ’ in collaboration with Mastercard. the MandateHQ payment interface will help card-issuing banks to enable recurring payments for their customers.
- Razorpay moves in the direction of RBI’s framework for processing e-mandates on recurring online transactions.
- It has made AFA (Additional Factor of Authentication) mandatory for all recurring transactions below Rs 5,000 on debit cards, credit cards, UPI, and other Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs), and all stakeholders are required to ensure full compliance with the framework by September 30, 2021.
Click Here For Daily Current Affairs 2021
Click Here for Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2021
Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates
Post your comments about Today Top Current Affairs 9 July 2021 below.