The health benefits and uses of Irish Sea Moss also known as seaweed.
1. Sea moss is one of the healthiest sources of nutrients in the world. It has been consumed for thousands of years to strengthen the body.
2. This is one of the healthiest plant-based sources to improve the health of the thyroid. It contains hormones and selenium which heal thyroid disorders.
3. Irish sea moss also contains a high amount of iodine which heals the thyroid gland. This is more concentrated in sea moss than any other food. Iodine keeps the bones strong throughout life, especially in elderly people.
4. The iodine within sea moss also strengthens the brain and central nervous system. This helps you to stay sharp, with mental focus and clarity.
5. This wonderful superfood is usually purchased in dried form and then boiling water is added to clean it. This can be consumed as often as you wish.
6. We recommend drinking Irish moss tea on a daily basis, and you will begin to notice improvements in your overall health within 1-2 weeks. You will feel more relaxed, stronger and have more energy.
7. The moss contains an extremely high amount of potassium. This is one of the most important minerals for the human body for renewing cells and passing electrical signals.
8. Consuming foods rich in potassium such as this can improve mental function, ease conditions such as anxiety, depression, attention deficit disorder (ADD), moodiness and fibromyalgia.
9. It also contains Algin, a phytonutrient which detoxes the body by getting rid of heavy metals. This pulls unwanted metals from the tissues and heals the entire body, from the mucus membranes to the cells and the digestive tract.
10. Sea moss fights radioactive poisoning of the body which may have come from contaminated food sources.
11. It contains an excellent source of phosphate, calcium, magnesium and many other trace minerals and nutrients which are essential to the body.
12. It can get rid of viruses and microbial infections of the body, all whilst lowering inflammation and boosting immune response. This supports sore throats, bronchitis, tuberculosis, chesty coughs, pneumonia, runny nose and general cold and flu.
13. To prepare the sea moss you must soak it in water for a few hours, rinsing away any sand or stones that may be present. Then boil in water until the moss is tender and consume.
14. You can also purchase sea moss in the form of a pill or tablet. These are easier to consume on the go.
15. Sea moss is often combined with bladderwrack, another herbal superfood used to treat thyroid problems.