A list of healthy foods for kidney health.
The kidneys are some of the most important organs in the human body. Their job is to process fluids and play a vital role in producing red blood cells. They filter up to 200 quarts of blood per day and produce 2 quarts of urine flushing out toxins and waste during the process. They are also key in controlling blood pressure as they control fluid levels and produce hormones which handle this. Let’s take a look at some of the best foods which will boost the health of your kidneys.
1. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice: Contains citrates which dissolve and prevent kidney stones. The vitamins and antioxidants also cleanse the kidneys naturally.
2. Chanca Piedra: A herb found in the Amazon rainforest which supports the kidneys, bladder, liver, and the gallbladder. Can also help to reduce kidney stones.
3. Avocados: A healthy fruit which is a rich source of minerals, vitamins and healthy fats. The high level of potassium supports kidney function and cleansing. If you have kidney disease your body loses its potassium reserves. Avocados raise these back to a healthy level.
4. Kidney Beans: These beans have the same shape as the kidneys and are rich in complex carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and proteins. These help to stabilise blood sugar and improve the health of all internal organs.
5. Garlic: One of nature’s most powerful healers, garlic lowers inflammation and improves kidney function.
6. Cherries: High in nutrients and citrates which reduces uric acid. Build-ups of uric acid can cause gout, and arthritis when too much protein is consumed.
7. Parsley: A tasty herb which has a diuretic effect, causing your kidneys to flush out toxins and waste quickly.
8. Stinging Nettle Tea: Rich in vitamin C, stinging nettles have been used since ancient times to filter out excess fluid in the kidneys for cleansing.
9. Cranberries: Naturally heals urinary tract infections (UTI) and destroys harmful bacteria in the kidneys and urinary system. Organic cranberry juice without added sugar works best. They also prevent the formation of kidney stones due to the oxalates and phosphates within.
10. Celery: Contains many powerful antioxidants which slow down the ageing process of the kidneys, reduces inflammation and gets rid of kidney infections.
11. Cinnamon: Helps to regulate blood sugar patterns and therefore prevents kidney damage. Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is the healthiest variety.
12. Sea Kelp: Full of antioxidants and vitamins, this vegetable is perfect for cleansing the kidneys and improving overall health.
13. Spinach: High in B vitamins and antioxidants which also cleanse the entire body. Best when eaten with lemon juice for kidney health.
14. Beets: These vegetables help to cleanse the blood and therefore protect the kidneys. Studies have shown that the N02 found in beets is essential for the health of the kidneys.
15. Apples: The pectin found in apples lowers blood sugar levels, also helping to protect the kidneys with trace minerals and phytonutrients. Eating a mixture of these foods will help your kidneys to heal from damage and become super healthy.
The kidneys are vitally important for many different bodily functions. They produce vitamin D which allows your bones to absorb calcium and phosphorus. Healthy kidneys also balance your blood ph. Levels, which is important for health, vitality and resistance to infections. Finally, let’s take a look at the number one most important food to take care of your kidneys. Mineral Water. Drinking a good quality mineral water contains a variety of electrolytes and trace minerals which will help your body to function at its best. Drinking mineral water regularly flushes the kidneys and helps them to do their very important job in keeping you healthy.