The benefits of using bay leaves for diabetes.
1. Diabetes is a growing problem, as the modern lifestyle is high in carbohydrates and junk food. The good news is that there is a range of natural medicines which can be used to control diabetes by fixing your body’s insulin response.
2. Bay leaves have been used as a natural medicine for thousands of years by many cultures. They come from the bay laurel, an evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean. You can purchase these all over the world in dried form, as they are a common ingredient to flavour delicious meals.
3. These leaves contain some excellent nutrients and antioxidants which work to reduce insulin resistance and regulate blood glucose levels.
4. In order to begin treating diabetes naturally at home, it is important to cut out unhealthy junk food and excessive carbohydrates from your diet. Begin by eating a diet filled with leafy greens, fresh vegetables and healthy sources of fat and protein.
5. To make a special bay leaf tea, add 3-5 bay leaves to 1 litre of boiling water in a pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. This can be drunk hot or allowed to cool to drink later. Be sure to remove the old leaves. Drink 250ml litres of this drink 1 hour before meals. Perform this treatment with every meal for three days.
6. This natural remedy will begin to reduce insulin resistance in the body and help your body to take in more nutrition from the foods you eat. This effectively reduces the effects of diabetes and helps you to control your blood glucose level.
7. This drink also lowers overall cholesterol by reducing inflammation in the arteries and veins. This cleansing drink can help to protect your body from heart diseases and strokes.
8. There are other powerful drinks for diabetes. We recommend mango leaves, bitter melon and ginger.
9. Remember, the main element in controlling diabetes in eating more wholesome foods filled with nutrition, and avoiding empty calories in foods such as bread, pasta, cereal, crisps, crackers chips, chocolate bars etc…