IELTS Reading Exam Tips : After listening, this is the easiest exam that you can handle easily with your preparation. When it comes to reading, you will need to read the paragraphs quickly to find your answers.
- There are almost 14 types of questions in the IELTS Reading exam. Develop your skills to solve all of them.
- I would give you the advice to read the questions first before you read your paragraphs. Through the keywords, you will get some idea about the paragraph.
- Skimming and scanning is the trick which will help you in the reading exam. Skimming is reading a passage to get a general idea of the paragraph, and scanning is your ability to locate information quickly.
- Find those keywords in the passage to locate your answer. Keywords can be in the form of synonym, antonym or sentence paraphrasing.
- You need to develop your reading skills so that you can solve all the questions in the given time. Read English newspapers and magazines as much as possible because that’s the only way.
- Again, I would recommend you not to understand the full paragraph. With the help of keywords, try to solve the answers. You will not be marked for understanding the paragraphs but for giving answers. Make sense, right?
- Here, you will need to develop your vocabulary for answering some questions because you may need some complex words in the paragraphs.
- Write answers in the Capital letters. Don’t use cursive writing.