A list of 18 healthy foods that increase sperm count in men.
Since the 1970’s the average sperm count has dropped by more than 50% in men. Having a low sperm count causes problems with fertility, giving less chance of conceiving a child. This is caused by many different issues such as eating too many processed foods, refined sugars, soy proteins and microplastics from our environment.
The good news is that there are many foods that you can consume which can increase sperm count in the body naturally and boost their motility. Let’s take a look at some of these foods.
1. Oysters: Oysters are one of nature’s best sources of zinc, a mineral needed for making sperm in the testicles. Getting more food-based Zinc helps to increase semen volume and sperm motility and prevents shrinking testicles with age.
2. Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is excellent for supporting sperm production by supplying omega 3 fatty acids to the body called DHA. Sperm cells use DHA as raw material for their cell membranes. They also need this to become flexible and to move easily.
3. Pumpkin Seeds: These are another excellent source of Zinc which helps to produce healthy sperm in males, and can also reduce the risk of miscarriage in women. Both men and women should consume healthy foods when trying for a baby.
4. Eggs: Eggs contain all the building blocks of life are a great source of vitamins and minerals. The yellow yolks are rich in healthy cholesterol, which is used as raw material to make the male hormone testosterone. They are also rich in retinol, which helps testicles to distribute sperm.
5. Walnuts is best food to increase sperm count: These are packed full of selenium, zinc and Vitamin E. Consume 3-4 walnuts per day to meet your daily requirements for selenium. This mineral helps sperm cells to grow to a good size and shape and is a key factor in helping them to swim.
6. Broccoli: Many men have lower testosterone levels because their livers are storing too many harmful chemicals from the environment, which are known as endocrine disruptors. Consuming broccoli and broccoli sprouts help to detoxify these chemicals from the liver in order to balance male hormones naturally, and produce more sperm.
7. Blackberries: It is recommended for men to eat a small handful of berries each day, especially raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. These fruits contain powerful antioxidants that lower inflammation in the body helps to boost testosterone and produce healthy sperm.
8. Avocados: Avocados are one of nature’s healthiest superfoods and are rich in healthy fats, vitamin e, vitamin c and folate. These nutrients support DNA replication and help the sperm to swim better, with greater motility.
9. Stinging Nettle Root: You can purchase this as a herbal tea or in capsule form. It is well known for supporting hormone balance in both men and women. It contains compounds that bind to SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin), leading to higher levels of testosterone and sperm in men.
10. Dark Chocolate is best food to increase sperm count: Sugar-free dark chocolate is a rich source of the amino acid L-arginine. Studies show that this increases the volume of semen, raises sperm count and improves their motility. Be sure to use at least 85% cocoa for the best effects.
11. Bone Broth: Bone broth has numerous health benefits for men, especially when it comes to balancing hormones, building muscle tone, and boosting sperm count. It is rich in collagen and also saturated fat which is used to build the male testosterone hormone.
12. Spring Water: Tap water is polluted with estradiol, a potent form of estrogen. Drinking this causes a hormone imbalance in the body and lowers sperm count. Switch to drinking bottled spring water from a volcanic source. Trace minerals from this help to build testosterone and other hormones.
13. Sauerkraut: Sauerkraut is a form of fermented cabbage which helps to boost friendly bacteria in the gut. These probiotics help to raise testosterone and are linked with better sperm motility, especially in overweight men.
14. Shiitake Mushrooms Eating a mixture of healthy mushrooms prevents the body from making too much aromatase, an enzyme which causes low testosterone levels. If you have a lot of belly fat or high estrogen, then these are some of the best foods to eat in salads.
15. Crab Meat Alaskan crab meat is a wonderful source of zinc which also lowers estrogen in men and keeps testosterone levels high. It also improves the health of the testicles and raises sperm count.
16. Asparagus Consuming 3-4 spears of asparagus with a healthy meal supplies Vitamin C, K, A, B9, Copper, Iron and Selenium. These nutrients work together to help lower blood sugars and support the growth of healthy sperm in men.
17. Turmeric This is one of the healthiest spices in the world which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on the body. It contains a natural compound called curcumin which has been shown to improve sperm motility.
18. Garlic Last but not least consuming garlic can also help to increase the sperm count in men. This superfood is rich in sulphur which increases your bodies level of the antioxidant glutathione, which is important for both male and female fertility. As you can see there are many healthy foods that you can consume to help boost sperm count in men. Try eating a mixture of these foods on a daily basis and start cutting back on refined grains, sugars and junk foods.
Overweight males usually have too much of the female hormone in the body called estrogen, which lowers the sperm count significantly. If this is the case we recommend a diet called “healthy keto” to help shed those extra pounds. Men should also avoid placing laptops directly on the lap. Studies show that using these devices heats the up the thighs by up to 5 degrees which kills sperm cells. Saunas, Hot Tubs and other warm places also lower the sperm count, so try to avoid these when trying to conceive a child. The other leading cause of low sperm count is micro-plastics which build up In the tissues of the body called phthalates. These come from all kinds of different sources like plastic microwave containers, cosmetics, body lotions, hair gels, shampoos and even tea bags. As these build up in the body, they upset the balance of hormones and lower the sperm count and its quality. The best way to detoxify plastics from the body is by consuming large leafy green salads daily with lots of To further boost your sperm count, perform a little aerobic exercise at least 3 times per week. Anything that gets the heart pumping helps to move oxygen around the body and support the growth of new sperm cells.