The health benefits and uses of Triphala powder. Also known as Triphala churna.
1. Triphala Churna is a herbal powder which has been used for over 2000 years in Ayurvedic medicine. It can treat many different health problems.
2. Triphala is a special blend of three different fruit powders, including amla, harad and baheda. These are extremely powerful natural healers.
3. Studies have shown that Triphala is able to prevent the spreading of colon cancer stem cells. This may also cause these particular cancer cells to die off.
4. This powder is also well known for causing weight loss when taken on a regular basis. You can purchase this in an organic form online or from health food stores.
5. To take Triphala powder, use only 1-2 teaspoons per day. Add some hot or cold water to make a tea, and drink on an empty stomach.
6. Constipation is one of the main causes of disease, as the body will not be able to assimilate nutrients properly. Triphala can be used as a digestive tonic, by taking a cup of Triphala tea 30 minutes before bedtime. This naturally gets rid of constipation.
7. It has also been shown to reduce bad cholesterol and arterial plaque. This is caused by the bibhitaki fruit powder within.
8. It is also very rich in Vitamin C and therefore boosts the immune system helping the body to fight off infections, and diseases.
9. Triphala also helps the eye muscles to become stronger and improves eyesight. It has been used to cure glaucoma and conjunctivitis.
10. Those with skin problems such as acne, eczema and rosacea will benefit from using this powder as it helps the body to produce collagen and causes the skin to absorb nutrients effectively. It is also antibacterial therefore cleanses the skin of toxins and bacteria.
11. It is perhaps best known for its ability to regulate blood pressure. The powder contains linoleic acid which promotes better blood flow and reduces the risk of blood pressure spikes.
12. The powder has been used for centuries in Ayurveda because it prevents viral and bacterial infections when taken regularly.
13. Bad breath is a problem for many people, simply eating half a teaspoon of Triphala powder with honey, will get rid of this problem.
14. It also has emollient properties which can help to make the skin softer and moisturised. Simply mix with a little water and apply as a facemask for 10-15 minutes.
15. The powder detoxes the urinary system by making you urinate more often. This flushes out waste and speeds up the metabolism.
16. This is also excellent for improving blood circulation, nutrient absorption and liver cleansing.
17. Ladies who take Triphala powder often find their periods to be less heavy, with a more regulated menstrual cycle.
18. Triphala speeds up the healing process of the body, from all kind of injuries, diseases and infections.
19. Haritaki also is known as harad is one of the powders mixed in with this blend. This is used for treating spleen enlargement.
20. Vocalists and singers can use this to reduce inflammation in the throat and pharynx. This can be very soothing, keeping the vocal muscles healthy for future performances.
21. Rubbing the powder around the teeth and gums clears up inflammation, bleeding, and infections in the mouth.
22. Those who suffer from haemorrhoids also known as piles will benefit from this natural health booster, as it will prevent future occurrences.
23. The hair will also be strengthened, preventing hair fall and premature greying of the follicles.
24. Remember that if nature creates a problem in the body, nature will fix it.