The health benefits of wheatgrass juice and it’s medicinal uses. Wheatgrass juice is one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods which is made from young blades of wheatgrass. This can be drunk as a daily supplement to protect and heal the body from many different health problems.
In this article, we will explore 20 facts and benefits of wheatgrass juice and explain how it works in the body.
1. Healthy Blood: Wheatgrass Juice can help to build healthy blood cells and haemoglobin, as it is rich in chlorophyll. This is a natural green pigment found in plants which are very quickly absorbed and can fight anaemia and boost circulation in the body.
2. Health benefits of wheatgrass on Liver Health: The high amounts of antioxidants and chlorophyll in wheatgrass juice support liver health, by helping this organ to detoxify harmful chemicals. This is highly recommended for those with fatty liver disease and helps to reverse damage caused by alcohol and sugary foods.
3. Hormone Balance By supporting a healthy liver, wheatgrass helps the body to balance its hormone levels naturally. High-quality wheatgrass juice is rich in trace minerals, antioxidants and chlorophyll which all work together to heal the glands throughout the body.
4. Ulcerative Colitis: Those who suffer from gastric ulcers, ulcerative colitis of inflamed colon should drink wheatgrass juice on a daily basis. This has been shown to help heal the internal skin inside the body and heal these problems. Drinking this also protects against colon damage, rectal bleeding and may reduce the risk of colon cancer.
5. Digestive Health: This juice is also recommended for those with digestive problems as it helps the stomach to break down food and absorb nutrients. The chlorophyll and enzymes in wheatgrass soothe inflammation and help relieve acid reflux, indigestion, heartburn, GERD and irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Lung Function The chlorophyll in wheatgrass juice can help to dissolve scar tissue in the lungs from smoking and breathing in harmful gases. By soothing inflamed tissue, and helping to build haemoglobin, it helps to raise oxygen levels in the body. This is excellent if you have asthma or shortness of breath often.
7. Health benefits of wheatgrass for Joint Health: If you use a high-quality wheatgrass juice that has been grown on an ancient sea bed, then the juice will be high in trace minerals. These will help to strengthen the joints and connective tissues, especially with age. The chlorophyll will also reduce inflammation in the body and help to relieve joint pain, arthritis and fibromyalgia.
8. Skin Health: The complex phytonutrients, glutathione and chlorophyll in wheatgrass help to clear up skin conditions like acne, rosacea and dermatitis. Skin problems are usually a symptom of inflammation in the intestines, whereas this drink helps to cure this. We also recommend cod liver oil for skin health.
9. Chemotherapy: Those who are undergoing chemotherapy treatment with cancer may consider drinking this regularly. It has been shown in some studies to help strengthen the body against damage caused by chemo, and may also help to boost the effectiveness of the treatment.
10. Blood Sugars: Wheatgrass has been shown to improve blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. It’s natural compounds act like insulin in the body and help the cells to accept sugar. This is also helpful for those who are overweight or pre-diabetic.
11. Energy Production: Wheatgrass grown on fertile grounds can pull many trace minerals through its roots into the plant. This is then converted to bioavailable forms of minerals which humans can digest and absorb. Trace minerals support energy production in the body and are involved with thousands of different enzyme processes.
Health benefits of wheatgrass
12. Weight Loss: If you are trying to lose weight, the key lesson is to first become healthy and weight loss is a natural result. Cutting out junk foods is important, but loading up on healthy nutrients is equally important. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent choice for a daily tonic as it is rich in nutrients. This will help you to reduce cravings, promote weight loss and restore health to your entire body.
13. Mental Function The nutrients found in wheatgrass lower inflammation in the body and the brain. This may help to improve cognitive function and ward off Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss. Some people use this to boost hand-eye coordination when playing sports.
14. Oral Health: Those who suffer with painful gums, receding gums, tartar and heavy plaque build-up on the teeth can use wheatgrass juice as a natural mouthwash. Swish a shot of wheatgrass juice around the mouth for 3 minutes in the morning and then swallow. This destroys harmful bacteria in the mouth, helping to protect and heal the gums and teeth.
15. Plant Info: Wheatgrass juice is the liquid extracted from blades of wheatgrass. The botanical name for this plant is Triticum aestivum and is also known as Kamut Grass or common wheat.
16. Powder Vs Juice Powder: When choosing a wheatgrass product to use, be sure to choose ‘wheatgrass juice powder’ instead of ‘wheatgrass powder’. The juice powders are made from concentrated liquids inside the blades of grass, whereas the general wheatgrass powders are made from mostly the fibre of the plant, and do not contain as much chlorophyll and important nutrients.
17. How To Use: Simply add a cup of water to 1 teaspoon of a high-quality wheatgrass juice powder. This reforms the liquid and makes it easy to drink. Never use hot water as heat will destroy its very delicate enzymes. The powder is usually dried using a low heat process to protect these important constituents.
18. Sources: There are many different products available on the market, however, we recommend choosing a source that has been grown on an ancient seabed. The plant’s roots are able to draw more nutrients and trace minerals out of the ground for more health benefits.
19. Grow Your Own Wheatgrass: It is also very easy to grow at home in small containers. You can juice this yourself by blending the young blades and straining through a sieve. This is very healthy however will be much less concentrated than a ‘wheatgrass juice powder’.
20. Wheatgrass vs Wheat: Wheat is the seed or grain of the plant, which is often ground and made into flour. This contains gluten which can irritate the stomach lining, and also phytic acid which blocks the absorption of nutrients. Wheat Grass, however, does not contain these compounds and is much richer in nutrients. As you can see wheatgrass juice has some incredible health benefits for the human body, especially when taken on a daily basis.