Check information about Top 10 Mysterious Temples In India | Timings | Mysterious on Toplist Article section of e akhabaar.
Top 10 Mysterious Temples In India: Mehandipur Balaji Temple, located in Rajasthan, is the number 1 mysterious temple in India. The priests still perform exorcisms to release people from bad spiritual performances. India is the land of many gods and goddesses, with a surplus of holy towns and sanctuaries, and spiritual gurus.
Top 10 Mysterious Temples In India
Some mysterious temples in India are famous for their unusual deities, some for their exorcism practices, and still others for being over 2000 years old. Here is the list of Top 10 Mysterious Temples in India that is beyond your imagination.
No 1. Mehandipur Balaji Temple, Dausa, Rajasthan
Mysterious Things: Priests still perform exorcisms to release people from bad spiritual influences.
Dedicated To: Sankat Mochak Lord Hanuman
Timings: Morning 7: 30 to 11: 30 AM, and from 12: 00 PM to 8: 30 PM (every day)
Imagine the temple being filled with the screams of possessed men and women. Mehandipur Balaji is an exceptional pilgrimage place in Rajasthan and one of India’s most well-known enigmatic temples. Exorcism is a technique used by a priest to rid a person of a negative spirit in any form.
- It is, nevertheless, a Lord Hanuman shrine, and thousands of people visit Mehandipur Balaji every day to heal a family member or relative who has been afflicted by black magic or an evil spirit.
- Because of its peculiar customs, this temple is a must-see in India and a must-see in Rajasthan to attend the evening Arti ceremony on Tuesday, which is devoted to Lord Hanuman.
No 2. Kamakhya Devi Temple: Guwahati, Assam
Mysterious Things: The temple has no sculptures to adore, and the Goddess menstruates every monsoon.
Dedicated To: Goddess Sakthi
Timings: 5: 30 AM – 10: 30 PM (every day)
Kamakhya Devi Temple in Guwahati is a fascinating temple in India that celebrates womanhood and menstruation since the Goddess of this temple bleeds every year during the monsoon.
- When you enter the temple grounds, the only god you’ll encounter is a stone-shaped vaginal or “Yoni” that followers worship.
- Because the Goddess bleeds, the underground water reservoir becomes red; the temple is closed for the entire month of June.
- When you visit Guwahati’s Kamakhya Devi Temple, a stream of strangeness will flow through your body.
- Every year during the monsoon season, the Ambubachi celebration is held for three days to honor Fertility’s Goddess. The temple remains closed throughout this time and reopens on the fourth day.
No 3. Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Mysterious Things: Only devotees who follow the Hindu faith are permitted. People of different religions are not permitted due to the safeguarding of sacredness.
Dedicated To: Lord Padmanabhaya, Avatar of Vishnu
Timings: 3: 15 AM to 12: 00 AM, and 5: 00 PM to 7: 20 PM (every day)
Padmanabhaswamy Temple is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala’s capital city, in our list of the Top 10 Mysterious Temple In India. Before approaching the Padmanabhaswamy Temple, there are numerous dos and don’ts to consider.
- Inside the temple, no modern attire is permitted. Men must wear a ‘Dhoti,’ while women may do so provided they wear a ‘Saree.’
- The Padmanabhaswamy Temple is currently managed by a trust led by the Travancore Royal Family.
- According to Hinduism, this mystery temple in India has the power to grant the wishes of all followers who visit it.
No 4. Venkateshwara Temple: Tirumala, Andhra Pradesh
Mysterious Things: Devotees donate their hair to the gods to express their thanks for a more spiritually fulfilling life.
Dedicated To: Lord Venkateshwara, and manifestation of Lord Vishnu.
Timings: Morning 6: 00 AM to 11: 00 AM, and from (2: 00 PM to 7: 00 PM), Night (8: 00 PM to 1: 00 AM).
The ambiance of this mystical temple in Andra Pradesh’s Tirupati region defies description. That is why, on any given day, over 50,000 pilgrims gather to worship Lord Venkateshwara/Balaji/Vishnu. The admission procedure to Venkateshwara Temple is what makes it India’s most mysterious temple.
- To enter the temple, you must fill out a declaration form stating your belief in Lord Venkateshwara, the preceding deity.
- This is one of the reasons why worldwide travelers flock to Tirupati to see this mystery temple.
- The shrine’s deity has actual hair and has been seen sweating on multiple occasions. In addition, the backside of the statue becomes moist despite the priests’ efforts to keep it dry.
- The most mysterious aspect of Venkateshwara Temple is that devotees can hear sea waves crashing if they carefully place their ears on the rear of the deity’s image. The Tirumala Venkateswara
No 5. Meenakshi Amman Temple: Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Mysterious Things: This is India’s sole temple where Lord Shiva can be seen smiling. Locals believe that Lord Shiva has a close connection to this temple and the entire city of Madurai.
Dedicated To: Meenakshi and Sundareswarar
Timings: Morning 3: 15 AM to 12: 00 PM, and from evening 5: 00 PM to 7: 20 PM (all day)
Among the Top 10 Mysterious Temple In India, Meenakshi Amman Temple spans 14 acres in the heart of Madurai, is home to a mystery superpower that reigns in solitude.
- Within the temple complex, about 33,000 statues are dating back over 3000 years.
- There are around 4000 pillars, each built of a single rock. It was also nominated as one of the world’s wonders, but it didn’t make the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Even though the temple is devoted to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, people traditionally worshipped Meenakshi Amman first because she is Parvati’s incarnation.
No 6. Veerabhadra Temple: Lepakshi, Andhra Pradesh
Mysterious Things: Out of 70 massive pillars, one remains unbroken without any support, leaving a small gap at the bottom that prevents it from touching the earth.
Dedicated To: Lord Kal Bhairav Nath (a form of Lord Shiva)
Timings: from morning 5: 00 AM – 8: 30 PM (all days of the week)
Veerabhadra Temple in Andra Pradesh’s Lepakshi district, in the Top 10 Mysterious Temple In India, is a strange temple known for its one dangling pillar out of 70. Its building is in the Vijaynagar style, and its history dates back to the 16th century.
- You can also test the magical distance between the pillar and the ground by placing a cloth under the identifiable space.
- Prepare to be astounded by the cultural and historic engineering marvels as you approach the temple grounds.
- Various God and Goddess deities, as well as pillars, are sculpted on the temple walls. Roof painting is a must-see for everyone interested in ancient Indian culture and traditions.
No 7. Kailasa Temple: Ellora Caves, Maharashtra (Top 10 Mysterious Temples In India
Mysterious Things: The temple is situated on a magnificently carved mountain with stunning artistry.
Dedicated To: Lord Shiva
Timings: from morning 6: 00 AM – 12: 00 PM, 5: 30 PM – 8: 00 PM (every day)
At the 16th century Ellora Caves, Kailasa Shrine is the greatest rock-cut Hindu temple. This temple will inspire you to learn more about Indian mythology than you ever have before. Kailasa Temple is a monolithic construction, meaning it is constructed from a single rock.
- The depiction of the Ramayana is etched inside the Kailasa Cave Temple.
- The beautiful sculptures on this three-story temple complex caught the attention of Brutal Mughal King Aurangzeb, who subsequently ordered the caves to be destroyed. Still, nothing has happened to Kailasa Cave Temple.
No 8. Lingaraja Temple: Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
Mysterious Things: The Lingaraja Temple appears much larger than it is due to the optical illusion factor
Dedicated To: Lord Shiva as Linjaraja
Timings: from morning 5: 00 AM to 9: 00 PM in the late evening (all days of the week)
Lingaraja Temple is the largest temple in Bhubaneshwar, with a 54-meter Mandir devoted to Lord Shiva, and is revered by Hindu worshippers with utmost faith.
- There is a lake called Bindu Sagar Lake in the north of the temple, where festival activities such as Shivratri.
- The strange thing about the Lingaraja Temple is that Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu’s presence could be felt since the Jagarnath cult was taking shape when it was almost finished.
No 9. Kodungallur Sree Kurumba Bhagavathy Temple: Kodungallur, Kerala
Mysterious Things: Devotees enter the shrine after hurling insults at the Goddess.Dedicated to Goddess Bhadrakali
Timings: from morning 4: 00 AM – 8: 00 PM
When you visit this temple in Kerala’s Thrissur district, a current of perplexity will run through your body. The Kodungallur Sree Kurumba Bhagavathy Shrine would wow you since people from their hamlet enter the temple after drinking as a rite.
- They also use swords to hit themselves in the skull, causing blood to flow freely.
- The temple remains closed after the strange event has ended to clean up the bloodstains.
No 10. Ananthapadmanabha Lake Temple: Kasaragod, Kerala
Mysterious Things: Babia, a vegetarian crocodile, protects the shrine from danger. There hasn’t been a single example of human flesh-eating thus far!
Dedicated To: Sri Padmanabha or Lord Vishnu
Timings: from morning 5: 30 AM to 12: 30 PM and from 5: 00 PM to 7: 30 PM (every day).
Ananthapadmanabha Lake Temple, which sits in the midst of the lake, is India’s most mysterious temple. Ananthapadmanabha Swamy Lake Temple is guarded by a carnivorous animal that follows a vegan diet.
- Devotees give the prasad to the soft-hearted carnivores with their hands without fail after the noon prayer.
- This enigmatic temple in Kerala has a history dating back to the 9th century. Inside the pavilion ceilings, you’ll find an outstanding collection of wood carvings depicting scenes from Lord Vishnu’s ten incarnations.
- Which is the most powerful temple in India?
Ananthapadmanabha Lake Temple in Kerala is the most powerful temple in India.
2. Which temple is mysterious?
Lingaraja Temple in Bhubaneshwar Odisha is mysterious.
3. Which is the most dangerous temple in India?
Veerabhadra Temple in Andra Pradesh’s Lepakshi district is the most dangerous temple in India.
4. Which God is most powerful?
Well, all the gods are powerful.
Post your comments about Top 10 Mysterious Temples In India | Timings | Mysterious below.