How To Get Rid of Bad Breath with Baking soda.
1. Bad breath is a common problem for many people. A foul-smelling odour comes from the mouth, making you feel very self-conscious.
2. This is also known as halitosis and can be caused by many different issues such as dry mouth, gum disease, bacterial infections, sinus issues or poor oral hygiene.
3. The good news is that there are many natural methods to get rid of bad breath. In this article, we will share with you natural remedies using baking soda.
You Will Need: 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda 1/2 Cup Water
Method: Add the baking soda the water and stir well until completely dissolved. Use this mixture as a mouthwash by swishing around the mouth and gargling in the throat. Spit out the mixture to get rid of the bad breath. Follow this same procedure morning and night for the best effects. The baking soda destroys bacteria in the mouth which was causing the foul smell. Be sure to use baking soda and not baking powder, as these contain different ingredients.
4. Baking Soda helps to maintain excellent oral health as it balances the Ph level within the mouth. This prevents odour causing bacteria from spreading. It also neutralises acids which are stuck to the tongue, gums and teeth.
5. You can also make a baking soda toothpaste by simply adding a few drops of water to 1tsp of baking soda. Brush your teeth with this to get rid of plaque. This effectively whitens the teeth naturally, removes stains and gets rid of bad breath.
6. Alternatively, sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush before using your regular toothpaste. Always rinse the mouth with plain water afterwards.
7. Sometimes we do not notice that our breath smells bad. To test for this, simply wipe your tongue with a piece of gauze. If it appears yellow then this indicates that a high amount of sulfides are in the mouth, and likely a foul smell.
8. Sugar is one of the main causes of bad breath as it feeds bacteria in the mouth, causing it to multiply. Try using alternative sweeteners such as xylitol to prevent this from happening.
9. Baking Soda and Lemon juice can also be mixed together to create a mouth freshening tonic. Use the juice of 2 lemons, 250ml water and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to make a citrus mouthwash. Compounds in the lemon help to freshen the breath and clear up throat infections.
10. You can also try a mixture of 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Apple cider vinegar also reduces microbes in the mouth and is extremely healthy for the human body.