Check Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 July 2021 from news headline section on e akhabaar
Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 July 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 July 2021: Daily Current Affairs 11th & 12th July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams. Be the first to read all the Today Current affairs 11 & 12 July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Nitin Gadkari inaugurates First Private LNG Facility plant of India at Nagpur
Road Transport and Highways Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari Ji have Inaugurated the country’s first Private LNG Facility plant at Nagpur. this move aims to emphasize the importance of alternate biofuels for the diversification of agriculture towards the energy and power sector.
- It will also help in encouraging the development of imports to substitute cost-effective pollution-free and indigenous ethanol, bio CNG, LNG, and hydrogen fuels.
India’s first cryptogamic garden opened in Dehradun
On 11th July 2021, India’s first cryptogamic garden with nearly 50 species of lichens, ferns, and fungi has been opened in Uttarakhand’s Dehradun district. the garden was inaugurated by social activist Anoop Nautiyal, and it is situated in the district’s Chakrata town and at a height of 9,000 feet.
- Algae, bryophytes (moss, liverworts), lichens, ferns and fungi are the best-known groups of cryptogams that require moist conditions to survive.
- Deoban has pristine majestic forests of Deodar and Oak which create a natural habitat for cryptogamic species
Federal Bank reappoints Shyam Srinivasan as MD & CEO till September 2024
Federal Bank has decided to re-appoint Shyam Srinivasan as the managing director and chief executive officer. Shyam Srinivasan will serve for a period of three years from 23rd September 2021 to 22nd September 2024.
- Srinivasan is serving in charge of the Kerala-based bank since September 23, 2010.
- Also, he has completed three terms as CEO.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval to the reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the MD & CEO of Federal Bank.
Twitter Appoints Vinay Prakash as Resident Grievance Officer for India
Twitter has appointed Vinay Prakash as the new Resident Grievance officer. His appointment comes after Dharmendra Chatur, who was Twitter’s interim grievance officer. but, Dharmendra resigned from the post in less than four weeks.
- It is mandatory for all social media companies under the new Information Technology (IT) Rules of the country.
- On Twitter’s website, Vinay Prakash has been named as its Resident Grievance officer and Twitter has provided his e-mail id on the website. Users can now contact Vinay on ‘grievance-officer-in @ twitter.com’ for any grievance redressal.
BCCI makes a seven-member working group for domestic cricket
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has formed a seven-member working group comprising of the member associations for domestic cricket in order to the remuneration of domestic players for the previous season wherein tournaments were canceled, due to COVID-19 disease.
7 (Seven) members are:
- Rohan Jaitley (North Zone),
- Yudhvir Singh (Central Zone),
- Jaydev Shah (West Zone),
- Devajit Saikia (North-East Zone),
- Avishek Dalmiya (East Zone),
- Santosh Menon (South Zone),
- Mohammed Azharuddin (South Zone)
Argentina won Copa America 2021 title, beats Brazil 1-0
On July 10, 2021, Lionel Messi’s Argentina has defeated Brazil 1-0 in Copa America Final 2021, to secure the national team’s first title in 28 years and also, team’s first major international trophy.
- The 2021 Copa America was the 47th edition of the annual international men’s football championship.
- The Tournament was conducted by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL.
Manu Sawhney resigns as ICC CEO
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to release Manu Sawhney as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with immediate effect. He was suspended in March following various allegations. Sawhney referred to the review as a witch-hunt.
ICC statement issued and said:
- “The International Cricket Council today announced that Chief Executive Manu Sawhney will leave the organisation with immediate effect. Geoff Allardice will continue as Acting CEO supported by the Leadership Team working closely with the ICC Board,”
Novak Djokovic won the 2021 Wimbledon Men’s Singles Title, Beats Matteo Berrettini
Novak Djokovic has won his sixth Wimbledon title and 20th Grand Slam trophy. in the final match, he defeated Matteo Berrettini by 6-7(4-7), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3. Now, Novak Djokovic has equaled his total major men’s singles titles record with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, both also have winning 20 titles (each).
Men’s Single Winner
- Winner Name – Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Beat – Matteo Berrettini
Women’s Single Winner
- Winner Name – Ashleigh Barty (Australia)
- Beat – Karolína Plíšková (Czech Republic)
Men’s Double Winner:
- Winner Name – Nikola Mektić and Mate Pavić
- Beat – Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos
Women’s Double Winner:
- Winner Name – Hsieh Su-wei and Elise Mertens
- Beat – Veronika Kudermetova and Elena
Mixed Double Winner
- Winner Name – Neal Skupski and Desirae Krawczyk
- Beat – Joe Salisbury and Harriet Dart
World Population Day 2021
Every year, World Population Day is observed on 11th July in order to mark the problems of overpopulation. this day also creates awareness regarding the effects of overpopulation on the environment and development.
- It also marks various population issues like the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health, and human rights.
- The theme of World Population Day 2021 is “Rights and choices are the answer: Whether baby boom or bust, the solution to shifting fertility rates lies in prioritizing the reproductive health and rights of all people.”
World Malala Day 2021: On 12th July
The day of 12th July is observed as World Malala Day in order to honor the young Pakistani human rights activist, Malala Yousafzai. The United Nations designated this day on July 12, 2013.
- Also, this day marks the birth anniversary of Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
- Yousafzai delivered a speech at the United Nations (UN) headquarters on the need for gender equality in education.
Click Here For Daily Current Affairs 2021
Click Here for Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2021
Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates
Post your comments about Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 July 2021 below.