Check Today Top Current Affairs 9 June 2021 from news headline section on e akhabaar
Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 9 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma Declared Raimona Reserve Forest as Sixth National Park in State
On 5th June 2021, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced to declare Raimona Reserve Forest as National Park on the occasion of World Environment Day. Raimona Reserve Forest (ASSAM) will become the sixth (6th) National Park in the state.
List of National Park in Assam
- Kaziranga National Park,
- Manas National Park,
- Nameri National Park,
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park
- Orang National Park,
- Raimona Reserve Forest
Hitendra Dave Named as CEO of HSBC India Business
Hitendra Dave has been elected as the chief executive officer (CEO) of HSBC India. his appointment has been made by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC).
- However, Dave will serve as interim CEO from 7th June 2021, his appointment is under regulatory approval.
- Hitendra Dave will take place of Surendra Rosha who is appointed as the Co-Chief Executive of HSBC, Asia-Pacific.
- Dave is formerly Head of Global Banking & Markets of HSBC India, has around 30 years of work experience in the Indian Financial Markets
Maldives Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid as President for 76th UNGA
The Foreign Minister of Maldives, Abdulla Shahid, has been chosen as the new President of the UN General Assembly (UNGA).
- Abdulla received 143 votes out of the 191 votes and will serve as the President for the 76th UNGA.
- Maldives will get the office of the President of the UNGA (PGA) for the first time.
Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021: IISc Bengaluru ranks at 37
On 2nd June 2021, the top 100 list of Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021 has been released and Three Indian Universities have ranked in the list.
- As per the Rankings, Tsinghua University, China has ranked first followed by Peking University (China) and the National University of Singapore has been placed at 2nd and 3rd position respectively.
- Indian universities such as the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru (37th), Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (55), and Indian Institute of Technology Indore (78) got positions in the top 100 list of Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021.
- The Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings include the performance of 551 universities from 30 countries on the 13 performance indicators/parameters.
List of Top 5 Universities
|3rd||National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|4th||Hong Kong’s University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|5th||Nanyang Technological University||Singapore|
FIH Hockey5s World Cup is set to be held in Oman in January 2024
Muscat (Oman’s capital ) has been elected as the host city for the inaugural Hockey5s World Cups (Men and Women), by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- Muscat will host 1st FIH Hockey5s World Cup in January 2024. FIH also received bids from India, Pakistan and Singapore in order to host this event.
International Hockey Federation (FIH):
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Leandro Negre
- CEO: Thierry Weil
- Founded: 7 January 1924, Paris, France
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Official language: English, French
‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ book by Vinod Kapri
The filmmaker Vinod Kapri has authored A new book titled “1232 km: The Long Journey Home” is released. The book chronicles the journey of seven migrant workers from Bihar, who journeyed back home on their bicycles and reached their destination after seven days.
- The Book highlights seven migrant workers — Ritesh, Ashish, Ram Babu, Sonu, Krishna, Sandeep and Mukesh.
- Harper Collins has published ‘1232 km: The Long Journey Home’ Book
World Accreditation Day (WAD) 2021
World Accreditation Day (WAD) is observed every year on 9th June across the world. the day aims to promote the role of accreditation in trade & economy.
The World Accreditation Day initiative was founded by by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC). the main objective was to create awareness of the importance of accreditation.
The theme for World Accreditation Day 2021 is “Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) ”.
Click Here For Daily Current Affairs 2021
Click Here for Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2021
Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates
Post your comments about Today Top Current Affairs 9 June 2021 below.