What is the PTE test?
Pearson Test of English Academic is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English speakers who desire to study abroad. The tests are mainly of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
The test is acknowledged by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) and Australian DIAC for student visas. The whole test is done in a single session in the time frame of 3 hours and is taken on a computer in a secured test environment.
PTE (Pearson Test of English) consists of two modules:
- PTE Academic (applicable in Top Universities)
- PTE General (for acquiring good jobs)
PTE is acknowledged by almost all the big universities of the United States and the United Kingdom. The credibility of the Pearson Test of English has 100% recognition in Australia. The best part of this test is that the result is announced within 5 days.
- Test Modules: The test structure is broadly divided into four sections that are further distributed into 3 parts. The different and essential sections as mentioned above are:
Three skills (Speaking, Writing and Reading) are evaluated through a computer system, while in the listening test, the voice of the applicants are duly recorded in a way to make the examination
|LEVELS||WRITING (Mins)||INTERVIEW (Mins)|
|A1 Level A1||75||5|
|A2 Level 1||95||5|
|B1 Level 2||95||7|
|B2 Level 3||120||7|
|C1 Level 4||150||8|
|C2 Level 5||175||8|
- The writing tests comprised of listening, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Levels 4 and 5 are recognised for admission to UK universities and by many international companies.
- PTE General test are taken in the month of May, June, August, November, December.
- The test fees are set by each centre. These tests are priced quite reasonably.