A list of healthy food for arthritis and joint pain.
Many people suffer from a painful condition called arthritis, which affects the joints of the body. This caused by many different issues such as genetics, a poor diet, being overweight or from injuries. Arthritis is common in the hands, knees, feet, hips and joints that we use often. If left untreated the joints may require surgery and replacement.
In this article, we will share with you a list of the top 16 healthy foods that fight arthritis and joint pain. Eating these in the place of junk food will bring in lots of nutrients to your body to reduce inflammation and trigger healing. Let’s take a look at some of these foods.
1. Avocado: Avocados are one of the healthiest superfoods on the planet and is rich in potassium. Arthritis patients are always deficient in potassium therefore we recommend eating these on a daily basis. Avocados also contain natural compounds and vitamins which reduce inflammation in the joints.
2. Flaxseeds: Freshly ground flaxseeds release natural oils containing omega
3. Omega 3 fatty acids work to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints, which takes the pressure off. 3. Almonds There is a trace mineral called Boron which is found in almonds. This important nutrient helps the bones to absorb calcium and magnesium, in order to make them stronger and healthier.
4. Chicken Soup: Collagen found in bone broth or chicken soup has been scientifically shown to improve osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Collagen strengthens the connective tissues around the joints naturally. It also stops the immune system from attacking the cartilage.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: As we get older, the stomach loses its acidity and becomes too alkaline. Apple cider vinegar helps to strengthen the stomach and allow it to absorb minerals needed by the joints. Drink 1tbsp in a glass of water with each meal, or take ACV capsules.
6. Turmeric: This ancient spice has been used in India for thousands of years as natural medicine. This is one of the best anti-inflammatory spices in nature and works as a natural painkiller and healer.
7. Peppermint: Peppermint is a delicious herb that reduces pain and inflammation throughout the entire body. You can drink this as a tea to aid internally, and also rub peppermint oil mixed with a little coconut oil onto the painful joint. This helps to soothe the pain with a cooling effect.
8. Sauerkraut: This is a form of fermented cabbage which helps to reduce inflammation of the joints. It is rich Matcha Tea This is a super-concentrated form of green tea drank by monks for centuries. It detoxifies the body, reduces pain, lowers inflammation, and triggers healing at the cellular level.
9. Coconut Oil: This is widely known as one of nature’s best superfoods. It contains healthy natural oils which support overall health and reduce joint pain and inflammatory diseases. It is also well known as a cure for brain fog and can boost mental clarity.
10. Cabbage: Green and red cabbage are rich in sulphur which is an important building block for bones, joints, cartilage and connective tissues. The antioxidants found in plant-based vegetables help to reduce swelling and pain.
11. Krill Oil: We recommend taking a daily supplement of Krill Oil to reduce arthritis and joint pain. Studies show that Krill Oil reduces inflammation and stiffness of the joints, allowing for better mobility and movement.
12. Spirulina: This is a powdered superfood which has powerful pain-relieving effects. Adding this to morning smoothies can work as a natural painkiller.
13. Salmon: We highly recommend eating lots of wild-caught oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines. These are rich in omega-3 which quickly eases pain and tension in the joints.
14. Garlic: This tasty bulb is used in cooking all around the world. It contains diallyl disulphide which is a compound that prevents inflammation. It helps in fighting the pain and cartilage damage from arthritis. Be sure to eat this raw for the best effects.
15. Ginger: Last but by no means least, ginger is one of nature’s best healing spices. It has been heavily studied for fighting arthritis and works well to reduce pain, especially in the knees. Add this to delicious stir-fries, soups and healthy drinks.
As you can see there are many foods that you can eat to help with arthritis and joint pain. Add a mixture of these into your weekly meals to enjoy their health benefits. We also highly recommend cutting sugar out of the diet, as this is the main trigger of pain in the body and swelling. Reduce refined grains and flours from foods such as pancakes, waffles, bread, biscuits, cakes and crackers, as these also trigger inflammation. You can take a daily supplement of 6mg Boron per day to trigger healing of the joints. You will need patience and to live on a healthy diet for some time, so stick with these foods. New studies are also showing that osteoarthritis may be caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth which has leached into the body. If you have dental problems or cavities you may wish to brush your teeth with oil of oregano daily to destroy harmful bacteria.