Foods That Reduce Bloating Quickly
Many people suffer from bloating in the stomach. This can be very uncomfortable, especially at night when you are trying to sleep. Bloating makes it look like you have more belly fat, gives you the appearance of being overweight and causes you to not fit into your clothes. This usually happens to people after they have eaten a meal, and can often find that the stomach flattens again in the morning. Let’s take a look at some of the best foods that reduce bloating fast.
1. Ginger: This is a common spice which contains natural compounds that fight bloating in the stomach and intestines. It is used as a natural treatment for stomach bloating, heartburn, nausea and digestive problems. You can purchase ginger capsules or make fresh ginger tea by thinly slicing ginger root and steeping in boiling water.
2. Coconut Oil: Stop cooking your food in unhealthy vegetable oils and switch to Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. This contains MCT’s (medium-chain triglycerides) which help the body to absorb nutrients. These boost the health of the pancreas organ, which then releases enzymes to break down foods in the stomach, preventing bloating in the first place.
3. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar to reduce bloating: This powerful natural vinegar is one of the best remedies in the world for bloating. It strengthens the stomach acid so that it may break down foods quickly. This allows the body to eliminate waste, preventing the bloating of the stomach.
4. Cucumber: This green fruit contains high water content and is high in nutrients and minerals. Eating cucumber often can help to flush the digestive system of waste and reduce bloating from intestinal gas.
5. Sauerkraut: This fermented cabbage is a staple in German cuisine and is one of the best foods in the world for your gut. Sauerkraut helps friendly bacteria to grow in the gut and intestines. These are known as probiotics and help your body to break down fibre quickly and reduce bloating naturally.
6. Ox Bile: You can purchase a supplement of Ox Bile online and in health food stores. This helps take the strain off your gallbladder in breaking down fatty foods that you eat. If you have a sluggish gallbladder or have had it removed, then you will need this on a daily basis to prevent bloating and ease digestion.
7. Lemons reduce bloating and gas: Both lemons and limes contain citric acid which helps the stomach to break down foods and prevent a build-up of gas. Add 2tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of water and drink alongside a meal. This soothes the digestive system and helps to get rid of bloat for good.
8. Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive oil is one of the healthiest fats that you can eat. This contains oleic acid which helps to break down fat in the body from other foods that you consume. Boosting digestion with healthy foods is the key to stop bloating in the future.
9. Papaya: The delicious papaya fruit contains a powerful enzyme called Papain. Papain helps the stomach in breaking down protein which can reduce bloating and gas.
10. Avocado: Rich in healthy and filling monounsaturated fat and potassium. This fruit is known worldwide for its healing benefits for the entire body. Eat healthy salads to reduce your bloating and add avocado to keep you full between meals.
11. Fennel Seeds: You can make a simple tea by steeping these seeds in hot water. This is a natural cure for bloating, gas and stomach cramps. Herbalists use this to aid digestion, reduce constipation and soothe any discomfort or pain in the intestines.
12. Digestive Enzymes: You can purchase blends of digestive enzymes in capsule form in health food stores or online. These often have a mixture of betaine hydrochloride, papain, bromelain, ox bile and other compounds which will reduce bloating by speeding up digestion.
As you can see, there are many foods and supplements that you can consume to reduce bloating quickly and naturally. These foods will help to treat the bloating, however, you should also reduce the amount of sugar that you are eating. Reduce foods which are high in gluten such as bread, pasta, cereal, biscuits, waffles, pancakes and anything which uses refined grains. You will notice your stomach becoming less and less bloated the sooner you cut these foods out and start taking some of the foods recommended today.