How to use curry leaves for hair growth, and a simple oil recipe to make this yourself at home.
1. Many people wish to grow healthy hair which is difficult nowadays due to all of the harsh chemicals we use in shampoos, conditioners and hair products. More people are also losing their hair due to poor eating habits.
2. Curry leaves come from a tropical tree which is native to India and Sri Lanka. It has been used in delicious recipes for thousands of years. Many people do not realise that it contains properties which help the hair to grow thick and healthy.
3. Curry leaves (also known as sweet neem leaves) are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins. These actively work to reduce hair loss and increase the rate of hair growth.
4. You can create a simple hair oil easily at home which can be used on the scalp. This will actively increase hair growth over time. Let’s take a look at the recipe. You Will Need 6 Fresh Curry Leaves 250ml Coconut Oil (around 1 cup) Method Melt the coconut oil over a heat source and slice the curry leaves finely. Add the curry leaves to the oil and then continue to boil the recipe until you see a black residue forming. Remove from the heat and allow this to cool. Massage this into the scalp and roots of the hair. Let this sit for 1 hour before washing with a gentle shampoo. This should be used twice per week, and you will begin to see results within 2 weeks. Any extra hair oil can be stored in a glass bottle. Make sure all curry leaves are submerged in the oil. This will preserve the mixture for up to 3 months. If the mixture becomes solid In the cold, simply warm the bottle in warm water and it will liquefy again, making it easy to use.
5. The coconut oil in this recipe bonds with the proteins in the curry leaves to produce extremely useful hair growth oil.
6. This mixture also contains amino acids and antioxidants which will strengthen existing hair follicles, and moisturise the scalp.
7. The coconut oil actively destroys any bacteria or fungi which may be blocking proper follicle growth on the scalp. This automatically works to get rid of and prevent dandruff.
8. You can also add a few drops of a healthy essential oil for fragrance if you wish, such as lavender or ylang ylang oil.
9. If this natural remedy is used long term, it can also prevent premature greying of the hair, as the scalp tissue and hair follicles stay vitalised with nutrients.
10. We also recommend eating curry leaves in your diet as often as possible, alongside other healthy fruits, herbs, spices and vegetables.