A list of foods that boost fertility in women and men.
Many men and women are looking to become more fertile and have a stronger libido. The problem is that many of the junk foods we eat often cause health problems for the body. This leads to a loss of libido, energy and happiness, along with problems with the reproductive system in males and females.
In this article, we will share with 16 of the best healthy foods that boost fertility in both men and women. These foods help to cure low libido, ovarian problems, erectile dysfunction, hormone imbalances, low sperm count and low fertility.
1. Avocado: This is one of nature’s best foods for boosting fertility in both men and women. It contains Q10, Vitamin E and Carnitine which boost sperm production in men. It is also rich in natural fats, folate, potassium and Vitamin A for healthy ovaries and stronger libido in women.
2. Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is excellent for boosting fertility by supplying omega 3 fatty acids. These help to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs in men and women and regulate testosterone and estrogen.
3. Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are one of nature’s best sources of Zinc. This is known as nature’s Viagra as it helps to produce sperm in males and can reduce miscarriage in women.
4. Watermelon: The juice in watermelon acts as a natural form of Viagra. It contains citrulline which can boost blood flow to the reproductive organs. Make watermelon juice by juicing the whole fruit, including the white flesh and rind.
5. Ginger: This is also known as a stimulant for libido and sex drive. It is often used to treat erectile dysfunction in men as it contains spicy compounds that increase blood flow to the lower regions. It also reduces painful periods in women.
6. DIM: This is a supplement you can get in capsule form and is made from concentrated cruciferous vegetables. These balance estrogen and progesterone hormones in women. These also boost overall health in men and cleanse the liver.
7. Oysters: One of nature’s best source of zinc, helping to boost sperm production in men. They are also rich in vitamin B-12, zinc, iron and selenium, making these a great way to improve overall body health.
8. Peppers: All forms of peppers such as a bell, chilli, jalapenos and others are a rich source of Vitamin C. This vitamin is very important for a healthy reproductive system. It helps to improve sperm mobility and ovulation in women.
9. Nutritional Yeast This is a superfood when it comes to calming the body and mind of stress. High blood pressure can cause infertility, however, the complex of B vitamins in nutritional yeast calms the body to balance blood pressure. It reduces the stress hormone called cortisol and can improve sex drive.
10. Eggs: Pasture-raised eggs to contain all the building blocks of life and help to reduce insulin levels in the body. The yolks are a rich source of Vitamin A, which is very important when trying to get pregnant, as it helps with cell division.
11. Almonds: We recommend eating a handful of healthy nuts like almonds, walnuts and pecans on a daily basis. These supply lots of Vitamin E which supports the health of the ovaries and sperm. This is especially important if you are looking to conceive a child.
12. Blackberries: Dark coloured berries are rich in Vitamin C and anthocyanins to prevent sperm from clumping together (agglutination). In women, these delicious fruits promote iron absorption and progesterone production for higher fertility.
13. Asparagus: People who have low fertility may have many toxins in the body from the environment. Asparagus helps to detoxify the liver and improve reproductive functions. It also nourishes the ovum and increases the chances of pregnancy.
14. Garlic Eating 1-3 cloves of garlic a day can rapidly improve your fertility. It contains natural compounds that aid blood flow, boost libido and fight infections in the body. This is one of nature’s best plant medicines.
15. Olive Oil: Switch out your regular cooking oils and start using extra virgin olive oil. This is rich in healthy fats which reduce inflammation in the body. This can help stimulate the reproductive organs and boost chances of a fertilized egg.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar: Last but not least, take a tablespoon of ACV before each meal. You can add this to salad dressings or drink in a glass of water. This improves hormonal health by first improving digestion, enzyme production and gut health. This helps your body to absorb the nutrients it needs for excellent fertility.
As you can see there are some excellent foods that you can eat to boost fertility in both men and women. We highly recommend eating Salmon, Mackeral, Sardines and other oily fish three times per week. The omega 3 in these reverses a lot of damage in the body by lowering inflammation. They are also packed full of fat-soluble vitamins that the body needs to be fertile and healthy. Cut out sugary foods from the diet as these are the leading cause of disease. Instead, eat whole foods on a daily basis and you will soon notice your health improving. If you are overweight, we highly recommend following a healthy ketogenic diet, whilst eating lots of leafy green cruciferous vegetables. Overweight women have a higher risk of ovarian cysts, and men have a lower sperm count. Simply improving your diet and getting a little exercise can have a massive impact on fertility. Cut out the soda drinks and start drinking mineral water each day, preferably from a volcanic source. Water-rich in minerals helps to detoxify the internal organs and improve overall health.