The health benefits of black pepper and turmeric, and why you should take these together.
1. Turmeric is a delicious golden coloured spice which is often added to delicious curries, especially in Asian cooking. This has been used for over 4000 years as natural medicine. Black Pepper is also a common spice made from dried berries. These have some wonderful health benefits and were used by the Ancient Egyptians.
2. When these ingredients are mixed together they form a special combination which multiplies it’s health benefits for the body. These work wonders when helping you to lose weight.
3. Weight gain is a common problem in the modern world, as we have access to many unhealthy junk foods and processed carbohydrates. Turmeric contains a powerful compound called Curcumin which helps your body shed fat very quickly.
4. The problem is that Curcumin is not easily absorbed into the body. This is where black pepper comes in. Adding a little black pepper boosts the bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%. This allows your body to absorb this into the blood quickly, through the lymphatic system.
5. You can add this into healthy recipes such as curries, stir-fries or as a marinade for meat. Alternatively, you can drink turmeric water on an empty stomach for a fast-acting weight-loss method. Recipe: You Will Need: 500ml Spring Water 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder Method: Simply mix these ingredients in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow this to cool slightly and drink every morning before breakfast It is very important that you use organic turmeric, as some cheaper varieties are not as effective. The black pepper helps your body to absorb the curcumin and compounds from within the turmeric. If you do not like the taste, simply add a little raw honey or xylitol for sweetness.
6. The curcumin within turmeric has been scientifically proven to be stronger than many medical drugs for fighting diseases and infections.
7. Drinking this every day is excellent for those who suffer from depression, as it has been shown to be stronger than Prozac yet is completely natural. It does this by boosting serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters in the brain.
8. The high amount of potassium within the black pepper is also excellent for reducing insulin resistance, helping to prevent diabetes.
9. Black pepper is also a carminative and works with the turmeric to reduce bloating and gas in the stomach. It also aids in breaking down fat cells.
10. Turmeric and Black Pepper can also be useful for patients suffering from breast, bowel or stomach cancer. The combination helps to prevent cell multiplication and spreading.
11. This mixture is also highly anti-inflammatory and is stronger than aspirin and ibuprofen. This lowers the risk of stomach ulcers, arthritis and high cholesterol.
12. In fact, many problems in the body are caused by inflammation, by eating herbs and spices such as this, you can begin to heal your body from within in a short period of time.
13. This also calms the mind and central nervous system, helping you to think more clearly and with better memory.
14. It also helps your body to naturally stabilise blood pressure, therefore protecting you from heart disease. 15. Alzheimer’s diseases and other forms of dementia are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain. Turmeric and black pepper have the ability to lower these problems and prevent the onset of these diseases.
16. The black pepper, in particular, has been shown to reduce mucus and phlegm in the throat. When combined with turmeric, it produces a powerhouse healing mixture for getting rid of sinus infections fast.
17. Black pepper contains a powerful alkaloid called piperine. This gives the pepper its pungent taste and is responsible for boosting the healing abilities of turmeric.
18. Piperine has been used as a natural antihistamine for those who suffer from allergies such as hayfever or hives, or allergic rhinitis.
19. Many people in Eastern countries eat these ingredients regularly. This combined with their healthy lifestyle helps them to stay looking younger for longer because they have less oxidative stress in their bodies.
20. If you prefer you can purchase a curcumin supplement which also contains black pepper to help the body to absorb it. This is much easier to take on the go if you do not have access to the raw ingredients.
21. Turmeric also contains healthy doses of potassium, calcium, iron, vitamin B6, C and magnesium. These minerals and vitamins improve the health of the millions of cells within the body.
22. If you suffer from headaches often, then you will find that this drink reduces pain significantly, as it works in the same way aspirin does.
23. The mixture of black pepper and turmeric also detoxifies the liver and flushes out waste from the digestive system. This can be helpful when quitting smoking, drinking or other addictive substances.
24. A healthy substance called lipopolysaccharide in turmeric boosts the body’s immune system against fungal, bacterial and viral agents. This is excellent to prevent colds during the winter and throughout the year
25. Some people with a sensitive stomach may find that this mixture triggers diarrhoea. If this is the case then lower the dose to half a teaspoon of turmeric and slowly add more over time.