The health benefits of green tea
1. Green tea is known as one of the healthiest drinks in the world. It was discovered in Ancient China in the year 2737 B.C. Drinking this every day has some powerful health benefits for the human body.
2. Green tea leaves are taken from the plant known as Camelia sinesis. These can be used fresh or dried and are steeped in hot water to make a herbal tea.
3. Many people use green tea for acne and as a powerful skin healer. Green tea leaves release polyphenols into the water which are anti-inflammatory. You can also apply cold green tea to the skin with a cotton ball to quickly dry out pimples and spots.
4. If you are trying to lose weight then it is recommended to drink herbal teas regularly. Green tea contains antioxidants such as (EGCG) which help the body to balance its blood sugars and tap into your own fat reserves for energy. Green tea also has small amounts of caffeine which can boost the metabolism and activate a higher rate of fat burning.
5. You can also purchase a concentrated form of green tea which is called Matcha Tea. This is grown differently and contains a higher amount of chlorophyll. This is the green pigment found in plants which helps to detoxify the liver and remove harmful toxins from the body.
6. If you suffer from a lack of mental focus or find yourself feeling drained often, then drinking green tea can help. Green tea contains small subtle amounts of caffeine. This compound helps the brain to make faster connections between neurons. This means that you can focus better and get rid of brain fog naturally.
7. The drink contains a vast amount of phytochemicals such as polyphenols and flavonoids which help to fight disease at the cellular level. Many people drink green tea to help their body in fighting cancer or radiation sickness.
8. As we get older, dangerous free radicals can cause damage to the body. If left unchecked they lead to faster ageing and a higher risk of cancer, eye disorders, diabetes and many more illnesses. The phytochemicals found in green tea destroy free radicals from the body, helping you to stay healthy.
9. If you do not like the taste of green tea you can purchase green tea capsules or tablets. These are easier to take on the go and are a great way to boost your health.
10. Applying a cold compress soaked in green tea to the eyes can reduce puffiness and bags. It also soothes eye strain and tension if they feel itchy or dry.
11. The catechins found in green tea can fight the bacteria which causes bad breath and plaque in the mouth. Drinking 1-2 cups a day can help to keep your mouth healthy.
12. You can find many green tea shampoos and conditioners in health stores. These help to prevent dandruff and promote a healthy scalp and hair.
13. Green tea can help to prevent heart disease by balancing cholesterol levels. Taking supplements is an effective way to aid in protecting the cardiovascular system.
14. Studies in Japan have shown that drinking green tea each day can increase lifespan by multiple years. For this reason, we recommend switching soda and sugary drinks to green tea to see some excellent health results.
15. After consuming this wonderful tea for a couple of weeks, you will notice higher energy levels and greater mental clarity. The nutrients and phytochemicals are absorbed by the body and used to promote healing over time, so stick with this.
16. If you suffer from type 2 diabetes then consider taking green tea often. Studies show that this can improve insulin sensitivity and help the body to balance its blood sugars naturally.
17. A green tea footbath can be used to treat athletes’ foot. Soaking the feet often in this destroys the foot fungus and helps to heal the affected skin.
18. The EGCG nutrients found in green tea mentioned earlier, are also shown to reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
19. Gargling with green tea can help to heal a sore throat if you have a cold. You can also hold green tea in the mouth to reduce bleeding gums after a tooth is removed.
20. It is highly recommended for teenage girls to drink green tea during their development. Green tea has been shown to fight HPV infections and reduce the growth of abnormal cells in the cervix.
21. Green tea helps to cleanse the digestive system and the colon. This helps you to use the toilet regularly and reduce the risk of colon cancer, especially with age.
22. Adults who drink green tea daily have a 50 per cent less chance of developing depression and mood disorders. The phytochemicals help to keep the brain sharp, healthy and emotionally peaceful.
23. If you do suffer from stress often then be sure to get this into your diet. Soothing herbal teas are a great way to unwind and relax the mind and nervous system.
24. Green tea or matcha powder is sometimes used in baking delicious desserts. These are for the indulgence only and should not be overdone.
25. Do not underestimate the power of green tea, or it’s a more concentrated form called Matcha. It may be one of the best decisions you ever made in drinking this regularly.