How to use parsley for urinary tract infections (UTI’s) and Kidney Stone.
1. Urinary tract infections are a very common problem which can occur in both men and women. They are commonly called UTI’s for short. UTI’s are a disease which involves any of the organs of the urinary system, such as the urethra, kidneys, ureter or bladder.
2. These infections happen when micro-organisms invade the urinary tract and cause burning and irritation. This is much more common in women than in men.
3. It can become very serious if the infection is not treated, and kidney damage can occur. The good news is that there are many natural remedies which can be used to treat infections such as this.
4. Parsley is an excellent herb for cleansing the urinary system, as it works as a natural antibiotic and antiviral. It has been used since ancient times, particularly by The Cherokee Indians, who used it to treat water retention, and kidney and bladder pain.
5. When drank in a tea form, the parsley works as a diuretic which makes you urinate more often. Extra sodium will be flushed through the urinary tract system, flushing out and destroying harmful bacteria which is causing the infection.
How to make parsley tea. You Will Need 1 Litre Mineral Water 4 tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
Method: Slice the parsley very finely using a sharp knife, using the roots and stems if available. Boil the water and then remove from the heat. Add the chopped parsley and let this sit for 20 minutes, before straining the mixture. Drink this parsley tea over the course of the day, and repeat every day for 1 week. You may begin to feel much better after 2-3 days, but it is important to continue drinking for the week, to make sure that all of the harmful bacteria is gone.
6. Parsley tea also helps with a kidney stone, bloating, and has been effectively used to help those with jaundice and liver problems.
7. Be sure to use the parsley roots and stems in this recipe if you can, as these are more potent than the leaves themselves.