The health benefits and uses of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil.
1. Ylang Ylang is an oil extracted from the flowers of the Cananga tree. This grows in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
2. This is well known in aromatherapy for its beautiful and unique aroma. It is commonly used in oil burners to create a sense of relaxation in the home.
3. Ylang Ylang oil contains compounds which have been shown to relax the central nervous system of the body, promoting stress relief and lowering cortisol levels.
4. Many people who suffer from high blood pressure inhale ylang ylang oil from either an oil burner or in steam therapy.
5. In the Philippines, the flowers of the plant are strung into necklaces along with flowers of Sampaguita. These are worn by women as part of a religious custom.
6. Inhaling the aroma of ylang ylang is also used to normalise sebum secretion for those who suffer from skin problems. It is also added to wonderful relaxing massage oils to achieve this effect.
7. The Ylang Ylang oil is also considered to be an aphrodisiac and has been used throughout history to help those suffering from sexual problems. It is also known as “The Oil of Lovers”
8. The flowers are spread on the bed of newlywed couples in Indonesia as part of a tradition to celebrate a new marriage.
9. Ylang Ylang is widely used in perfumes for its amazing smell in some big brand names used by modern women.
10. It is also commonly used as a flavouring for ice cream in Madagascar.