The health benefits of Frankincense Oil.
1. Frankincense oil is made from the sap of the Boswellia tree. The sap is allowed to harden into a resin, which is then steamed to create the oil.
2. This oil was used in Ancient Chinese medicine over 2000 years ago to treat leprosy and blood disorders.
3. Frankincense was also used by many other ancient civilisations. The oil is commonly burned for its wonderful aroma. The Persians, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians and Indians all used this as an incense. This was used for all kinds of religious ceremonies and is still used today in Churches around the world.
4. The oil can be placed in an oil burner and used as a form of aromatherapy. It contains compounds which relax the central nervous system, helping to relieve stress and tension.
5. If you have skin tags you will notice that they are very difficult to get rid of. Massage a drop of frankincense oil on the skin tag daily, and over time it will dry up and fall away.
6. Breathing in the aroma of frankincense from an oil burner or diffuser helps in treating bronchitis and asthma. Its compounds prevent the production of leukotrienes which helps to open the airways and bronchial muscles.
7. It also reduces high blood pressure and reduces the heart rate when inhaled. This has natural anti-depression and anti-anxiety abilities yet do not cause drowsiness like prescription drugs.
8. A few drops of frankincense oil can be dripped onto the toothbrush and used to clean the teeth and gums. It has antiseptic properties which allow it to prevent toothache, mouth sores, bad breath, gingivitis, cavities and inflamed gums.
9. This oil is often used alongside myrrh essential oil. This is yet another sap or resin from a different tree. Both of these have unique healing properties.
10. Frankincense can be used as a natural alternative to household cleaners. Simply mix a few drops with hot water to disinfect surfaces. This has been shown to destroy bacteria, the flu virus, and other germs around the home.
11. You can mix a few drops of frankincense with coconut oil and use this as a moisturiser for the skin. It has been clinically shown to reduce redness, scars, acne and improving the appearance of stretch marks.
12. Try massaging a few drops of frankincense oil into painful joints such as the knee or shoulder. It improves blood flow and reduces arthritis or muscle pain.
13. If you find it difficult to fall asleep at night, place a drop of frankincense oil in an oil burner or diffuser with a little water. This will produce a calming effect, helping you to drift off easily.
14. You can achieve a similar state of relaxation by adding some to your bathwater. The aroma and fragrance will reduce stress levels quickly.
15. If you wish to enjoy the health benefits internally, you can purchase frankincense extract capsules, which should be taken with food. These are commonly labelled “Boswellia Serrata Capsules” in health food stores.
16. This extract is an extremely powerful natural medicine used for arthritis. It contains two powerful compounds called Terpenes and Boswellia acids. Studies show that these work better than medical drugs for lowering inflammation in the tissues and joints.
17. This also reduces the effects of PMS and heavy periods for women who struggle with their monthly cycle.
Food grade 100% frankincense oil can be consumed orally if it is heavily diluted. If you wish to ingest this, be sure to only purchase pure 100 per cent frankincense oil, that has not been mixed with fragrance or perfume oils. This variety works to help the process of healing, especially if you have a cold or flu. It helps to remove phlegm and mucus from the lungs and throat.
Early studies in China suggest that this oil can also be used to lower the risk of cancer. It was shown to contain a compound called AKBA which destroys cancerous cells. The oil also enhances memory and recall, by sharpening the mind. Historically this was used by pregnant women to improve the cognition of their offspring. 22. You can also purchase the pure frankincense resin online and in health food stores. We highly recommend using essential oils to enhance your overall health.