A list of 13 healthy foods that flush Nicotine out of the body.
For many people, it can be difficult to quit smoking because of their addiction to nicotine. Nicotine is a drug found in cigarettes, vape liquids and cigars. 10 seconds after a smoker inhales, nicotine is absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs and internal skin. This triggers “happy hormones” and adrenaline in the brain which becomes highly addictive over time but can be very damaging. In order to get rid of the cravings, you need to flush out the nicotine as quickly as possible.
In this article, we will share with you 13 foods that flush nicotine out fast.
1. Broccoli: This delicious vegetable is rich in Vitamin C and B5. These nutrients are depleted when you smoke, so it’s important to get these back into the body. These help to flush out the nicotine and reduce the risk of lung and colon cancer.
2. Mineral Water: Find a good quality bottled mineral water, preferably from a volcanic or underground source. These are rich in trace minerals which support detoxification of the lungs, blood and liver.
3. Lemons: These fruits are high in Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system. They also help to detoxify nicotine from the blood very quickly. Drink freshly squeezed lemon juice in your mineral water.
4. Avocado: This healthy fruit is rich in potassium and magnesium. These minerals help the body to rest and relax, reducing cravings and getting rid of nicotine.
5. Black Tea: Decaffeinated black or green tea helps to stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system. This can give you the same stress-relieving effect that you get from smoking a cigarette.
6. Kale: This is one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods on the planet and will help your body to detoxify itself from nicotine and the other 4000 chemicals found in cigarettes.
7. Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is an excellent source of a green pigment called Chlorophyll. This reduces the risk of lung cancer and its vitamins help in cleansing the blood.
8. Ashwagandha: This is a well-known herb used for balancing hormones in the body. This can create relaxation and stress relief. This is useful when your body burns through the nicotine in the blood and reduces cravings.
9. Kiwi: The delicious green tropical fruit known as kiwi contains Inositol. Eating this reduces cravings very quickly for nicotine and also helps to cleanse the liver and lungs.
10. Carrots: Eating whole carrots or drinking carrot juice works as a natural detoxifier. This is rich in minerals and vitamins which are very effective at flushing out nicotine.
11. Ginseng Tea: Studies have shown that ginseng is therapeutic for treating nicotine addiction. This weakens the effect of dopamine in the brain which makes smoking less enjoyable.
12. Cranberries: These delicious berries have a diuretic effect and may make you urinate more often. This speeds up the time it takes for nicotine to flush out of the body. They also help with cravings as a tasty snack.
13. Wheatgerm: Smoking tightens the blood vessels in the brain, so it’s important to strengthen these after you quit smoking. Vitamin E in wheat germ oil improves the elasticity of your veins and arteries, helping the blood to flow properly and flush nicotine out.
As you can see there are many foods that you can take to help flush nicotine out of the body. We recommend eating a fresh salad once per day when you first quit smoking. Use lots of raw leafy greens such as kale, beet tops, arugula and spinach. Regular exercise will also help in bringing oxygen to the lungs and starting the cleansing process. It can take a long time for the lungs to heal and to get rid of the tar they contain.