A list of 20 herbs that lower blood sugar levels fast.
Nowadays many people suffer from high blood sugar levels. This is caused by eating too many grains, junk foods and processed carbohydrates. Over time this can lead to weight gain, obesity, nerve damage, insulin resistance, wrinkles, dry eyes, pimples, kidney disease and many more illnesses. The good news is that there are herbs that lower blood sugar levels naturally. Let’s take a look at some of these herbs.
1. Bitter Melon: You can take the bitter melon extract in pill form or eat the fresh fruit. This is used in Ancient Chinese and Indian medicine for lowering blood sugar naturally.
2. Cinnamon: Fresh and powdered cinnamon contain natural compounds which improve insulin sensitivity. This helps the body to regulate blood sugars. We recommend Ceylon Cinnamon for the best effects.
3. Coriander: These delicious leaves are used all over the world for their amazing flavour. These help the body to secrete insulin which reduces sugars in the blood.
4. Gymnema: The leaves of this woody vine are grown in Africa, Australia and India. This is known as the “sugar destroyer”, and is often used to treat high blood sugar, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, weight loss and the common cold.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: You can take 2 capsules of apple cider vinegar before a meal. This strengthens the stomach and reduces spikes in blood sugar from foods that you eat. It helps the body to respond to sugar using insulin.
6. Berberine: Berberine is also available in health food stores and Is extracted from various herbal plants. This helps the body to regulate glucose and lipid metabolism and reduces cravings for sugar and sweet foods.
7. Fenugreek Seeds These are an excellent source of soluble fibre which helps the body to control blood sugar levels. You can make fenugreek seed water by soaking them overnight or simply sprinkle them into healthy salads.
8. Ginger Studies show that consuming ginger capsules every day can help in reversing type 2 diabetes and prediabetes. You can also slice fresh ginger and add to hot water to make a herbal tea.
9. Ginseng: Siberian ginseng is used in Chinese medicine to boost resistance to stress and lower blood sugar.
10. Oregano: This delicious herb can be purchased as an essential oil. You can mix this into salad dressings to help lower blood sugar naturally.
11. Mango Leaves: The leaves of the mango tree have become very popular for treating diabetes and blood glucose. You can boil these into herbal tea for fast results.
12. Milk Thistle: The antioxidants in milk thistle help to strengthen the body and pancreas. This supports the use of insulin in the body to reduce blood sugar and prevent the onset of diabetes.
13. Neem Leaves: Neem leaves can be chewed to release their natural healing compounds. This is used heavily in India and works as an anti-ageing, blood purifying all-around remedy.
14. Curry Leaves: Cooking with curry leaves activates beta cells within the pancreas which supports the management of blood sugar.
15. Aloe Vera: This succulent plant contains a healing liquid that helps the body to produce and regulate insulin. This naturally stabilises blood sugar levels.
16. Nutritional Yeast: Many people with high blood sugars are deficient in B vitamins such as thiamine. Nutritional and Brewers yeast capsules are excellent sources of these.
17. Matcha Green Tea: This has been used by monks for centuries to lower inflammation in the body. This helps to prevent the onset of diabetes and helps the body to process sugars.
18. Stinging Nettle Root: This plant grows wildly all over Europe but is one of nature’s most powerful medicines. This improves glycaemic control, lowering blood sugar and improving urinary health.
19. Safflower Oil: This healthy oil is a rich source of oleic acid and studies show it improves insulin sensitivity. This can also reduce the risk of heart attacks.
20. Perilla Leaves: These leaves improve the bodies tolerance to sugars by inhibiting the uptake of glucose in the small intestine.
As you can see, there are many herbs that lower blood sugar levels naturally. These are very useful for people trying to manage type 2 diabetes or lose weight. Many of these herbs help the body to reduce insulin resistance, which is the main cause of high blood sugar in the body. We highly recommend following a low carb diet such as keto to heal the underlying problem of insulin resistance. This involves eating lots of raw vegetables and healthy salad leaves. Exercising regularly will also quickly burn through blood sugars if your levels are too high. Try HIIT (high-intensity interval training) for the best effects. Drink fresh mineral water every single day to hydrate your body and flush out sugars.