A list of healthy fats for weight loss. Nowadays many people are trying to lose weight and get healthy. In order to do this, we need to consume healthy fats rich in Vitamins. Modern science shows us that we need to lower the carbohydrates we eat from junk foods and instead eat healthy fats and vegetables.
In this article, we will share with you a list of healthy sources of fat and oil. These are excellent to use on a low carb diet such as Keto or Atkins
1. Avocado: This naturally high-fat fruit is one of the healthiest superfoods to eat on a low carb diet. Keeping your potassium high is essential when losing weight as it cleanses the body and prevents detox symptoms. Avocado oil is the healthiest cooking oil and is used as a medicine for arthritis in France. Avocados are rich in Vitamin C, K1, B Vitamins, Magnesium and Zinc.
2. Coconut Oil: Extra virgin coconut oil has been used for thousands of years by many cultures as a food source and health booster. This is cold-pressed from the largest seed on Earth which are coconuts. Coconut oil contains MCT’s which improve the health of the brain to boost memory and mental focus. It also boosts energy levels and destroys harmful microbes in the body. Replace your unhealthy vegetable oil with this and use to cook delicious meals.
3. Grass-Fed Butter: A natural source of healthy saturated fat. Grass-fed butter helps the body to build healthy cell membranes with its essential fatty acids. These support the health of the brain and nervous system. Modern science has proved that saturated fats do not cause a higher risk of heart disease. Sugar is the leading culprit which causes inflammation in the arteries. Butter is one of the best sources of Vitamin A and K2 for boosting the health of the eyes. Look for grass-fed butter which has not been blended with vegetable oil or margarine.
4. Flaxseed Oil: Another rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, flaxseed oil works well when trying to lose weight. This is well known for its ability to balance estrogen levels, especially for women with hormonal issues. This can reduce the risk of cancer with age by triggering the death of cancerous cells.
5. Almond Butter: Look for high-quality almond butter which has zero added sugars. This is rich in nutrients from almonds especially minerals such as potassium, biotin, magnesium and zinc. It is also an excellent source of vitamin E for healthy skin. This is delicious and keeps the body full of meals.
6. Sesame Seed Oil: A small amount of sesame oil can be used on a low carb diet to lose weight. It contains a higher ratio of omega 6 fatty acids therefore it should not be overused. It works well in a simple stir fry and can help to cleanse the blood due to the polyphenols it contains.
7. Cod Liver Oil: This is one of the best sources of Vitamin A for improving the health of the eyes and triggering weight loss. You should only purchase extra virgin cod liver oil, preferably from an Icelandic source. This is the best quality, as cheaper oils are rancid and do not work. Cod liver oil also supplies Vitamin D which boosts mood and reduces cravings.
8. Olive Oil: One of the best oils used throughout the Mediterranean. Look for cold-pressed extra virgin Olive Oil to supply the body with a host of nutrients. This is one of the best sources of energy when losing weight. It should be consumed raw in healthy salads for the best effects, but may also be used as a healthy cooking oil.
9. Peanut Butter: This and other nut butter are an excellent source of dietary fat on a low carb or ketogenic diet. Simply eat a tablespoon or two at the end of a meal. This will prevent you from being hungry, as it is one of the best fuel sources for the body.
10. Eggs: Eggs contain the building blocks of life and are one of the healthiest things you can consume when trying to lose weight. They have the perfect ratio of protein and fat content and supply your body with Vitamins and Minerals. Eggs for breakfast balance blood sugar levels, keep you feeling satisfied and boost mental clarity.
As you can see there is a range of healthy fat sources that you can eat when trying to lose weight. We recommend following a low carb, high-fat diet such as keto to rapidly boost the health of the body. The healthy ketogenic diet lowers inflammation throughout the entire body and allows you to lose weight in a healthy way. You can also enjoy health fats from wild-caught fish such as salmon, trout and mackerel. When buying meat, look for high-quality sources such as grass-fed animals and pasture-raised eggs. Avoid all forms of unhealthy fats such as vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, soy, corn, canola and margarine. Also, remember that sugar is the main cause of inflammation inside the body. Sugar is the true enemy which causes heart attacks, strokes, arthritis, eye disorders and much more.