The health benefits of Kombucha Tea
1. Kombucha is a fermented drink which is made from sweetened tea. This is delicious and has many health benefits for the human body.
2. The tea is excellent for relaxation by reducing anxiety and stress. The antioxidants in the tea calm the central nervous system naturally.
3. One of the main benefits of this drink is in strengthening the health of the intestines. It contains probiotics which help your digestive system to break down food and absorb nutrients.
4. If you are suffering from diarrhoea or constipation then drinking a cup of this each night can help.
5. The Chinese have been drinking this for over a thousand years and consider this to be a “miracle elixir” for improving the overall health of the body.
6. It naturally lowers the risk of colon cancer by improving health in this area of the body. The antioxidants protect the cells from free radical damage.
7. Those who suffer from mental health disorders such as OCD, Anxiety or Depression should consider adding this drink into their diet. The B vitamins and antioxidants help in treating stress-related problems and improve the health of the brain.
8. Certain acids within the drink help in reducing insulin resistance, for those who have diabetes. This also lowers the risk of developing diabetes in the first instance.
9. The tea lowers harmful triglyceride levels in the blood, which reduces the risk of heart attacks and cardiovascular disease.
10. It also improves the health of the liver by lowering inflammation in the body. The liver can then perform at 100 per cent efficiency in filtering the body of toxins.
You can purchase Kombucha Tea from health food stores and from online retailers.
If you are trying to lose weight, then the enzymes and antioxidants in Kombucha can help. By speeding up digestion, this drink helps your body to metabolise foods more effectively. The only downside to Kombucha is that contains a small amount of sugar, between 2 to 6 grams per cup. This is not much on its own but you should not drink more than 2-3 cups of this per day when trying to lose weight. The sugar will cause an insulin spike and prevent fat burning.
Apple Cider Vinegar is another fermented liquid which is also healthy for the digestive system. You can add a teaspoon to water with meals to strengthen the stomach, whilst Kombucha strengthens the intestines. Together these overhaul the entire system making your body very healthy internally. Remember that Kombucha does contain a small amount of alcohol, making this a healthy alternative to beer, wine and spirits.