The health benefits of drinking ginger and lemon juice daily, and a simple recipe to use at home
1. Ginger and Lemon are two of the most powerful natural medicines in the world. The Ancient Greeks used ginger as a spice and for health over 5000 years ago. It was also used in Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Indian medicine as a “Healing Gift From God.”
2. Lemon was also used in these ancient civilisations as a natural way to purify the body, removing toxins and illness when added to herbal teas and tonics.
3. By drinking a mixture of ginger and lemon in a glass of water every day, you can cure many problems in the body, especially in detoxing the organs and lowering body fat.
4. These ingredients are some of the easiest to find in stores all over the world and boosts the body’s healing abilities.
Let’s take a look at the recipe You Will Need 2 Inch of Fresh Ginger 2 Lemons 2 Cup Hot Water (500ml)
Method: Peel and slice the ginger into small pieces and add to the hot water. Allow the ginger to steep for 20 minutes. Then slice the lemons thinly and add to the water. Refrigerate for 2 hours. You now have a wonderful ginger and lemon detox water. Strain and drink this throughout the day to detoxify your internal organs and trigger the healing effects of this tonic.
5. This drink naturally helps your body to digest its foods more effectively. More nutrients begin to be absorbed by the body, improving your overall health.
6. You will notice a warming effect on the stomach. This is caused by the powerful healing compounds in ginger such as gingerol and zingiberene.
7. This works alongside vitamin C in the lemons to cleanse and purify the internal organs. Flushing out toxins that we take in from junk foods and prescription drugs.
8. The main benefit of this wonderful mixture is its ability to lower inflammation. It flushes excess fluids from the body which can be causing pressure points in the muscles and joints. This is excellent for those with joint pain and arthritis.
9. Vitamin C found in this drink is easily absorbed and improves the immune system, helping your body to heal from disease and physical trauma.
10. The ginger gives this drink compounds which prevent painful stomach acid problems, whilst the lemon helps the stomach to break down foods. This can treat GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn and Indigestion.
11. Within a week or two, these benefits to your digestion also trigger fat-burning hormones, which helps your body to shed excess fat.
12. Often our bodies are dehydrated due to the unhealthy drinks we consume. This tonic hydrates the body and provides essential minerals. This improves brain function, helping you to think more clearly.
13. The mixture of lemon and ginger also helps to fight against sore throats, flu, colds, coughs, congestion and sinusitis. It effectively helps to clear the airways and heal faster when you have an infection.
14. The natural properties also strengthen the veins and arteries through the body and allow for better circulation of the blood.
15. This naturally helps prevent conditions such as hypertension, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, erectile dysfunction and impotence.
16. Ginger was widely used in Ancient Chinese medicine as an aphrodisiac to stimulate both the body and mind.
17. The citrus from the lemon reduces the dangers of kidney stones as it has the ability to cleanse the kidneys. It also destroys build-ups of uric acid for those who suffer from gout, a form of arthritis.
18. If you suffer from bad breath, then this tonic is definitely for you. The ingredients not only neutralise odours but also cause you to have more saliva. This kills odour causing bacteria in the mouth.
19. Cramps in the lower legs and feet are quite common with age. This drink helps blood to flow through the muscles to prevent this problem.
20. Ginger has been shown in studies to inhibit the growth of certain cancers, especially in breast cancer patients, making this an excellent daily drink for women.
21. It has been stated that this drink is as powerful as the drug ibuprofen when it comes to relieving period pain and PMS.
22. It is also used to treat nausea for chemotherapy patients and those with sea or motion sickness.
23. You can also use dried ginger or lemon powder for this recipe, however fresh ingredients always work best as these contain more minerals, vitamins and enzymes.