Check OATS POHA UPMA Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
OATS POHA UPMA Ingredients & Instructions
Oats Poha Upma / Oats Poha Recipe / How To Make Oats Poha Upma
Oats poha upma is easy to make, tangy in taste and nutritious healthy breakfast. It is quick breakfast recipe. It is made of oats, poha, chana dal, mustard seed, green chilies, curry leaves and spices garnished with coriander leaves. The lemon juice give tangy taste and green chilies provide a spicy taste. Oats is very rich in fiber so it is very good for health and diabetics.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Oats – 1 cup
- Roasted Beaten Rice/Poha – 1/2 cup
- Roasted Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili (cut into slit) – 2 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 10-11 nos.
- Hing/Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Pea – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add the hing, mustard seeds, green chili, chana dal and curry leaves, fry for 1-2 min.
- Add onion and mix well.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Now add capsicum, carrot and pea, mix well.
- Cook it till vegetable gets soft.
- Add the oats and roasted poha, mix well. If needed sprinkle a little water for it to cook.
- Fry for 4-5 min.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot oats poha upma with chutney.
OATS POHA UPMA was last modified: March 14th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about OATS POHA UPMA below. If you know any more ways to cook OATS POHA UPMA then let us know.