The health benefits of an apple and cider vinegar and ginger drink for weight loss, and a recipe to make this at home.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar was used by the Ancient Egyptians as an antiseptic and natural medicine at least 8000 years ago. It was recommended and prescribed in Ancient Greece as a “Healing Elixir.”
2. Ginger was also used by the Ancient Greeks, Chinese, Indians and Romans as a spice, commonly added to delicious meals. This is still used today to treat many medical problems and ailments.
3. When these ingredients are mixed together they create a powerful natural remedy which has some tremendous health benefits. These work wonders in helping people to lose weight, especially those with a slow metabolism.
4. Apple cider vinegar contains a powerful substance called acetic acid. This has been scientifically shown to help the body break down fat. Ginger works hand in hand with the vinegar by introducing its powerful compounds such as gingerol and shogaol. These work together to rapidly boost your body’s digestion, allowing you to break down foods and absorb more nutrients from every meal.
Recipe: You Will Need: 250ml Hot Water 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 Teaspoon of Ginger Powder
Method: Mix the ingredients together in a mug and stir well. Drink this twice a day just before your meals. It is very important that you use raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, as this contains the proteins and enzymes that the body needs. If you prefer you can steep use a 1-inch slice of fresh ginger. Simply allow this to steep for 5 minutes before drinking.
5. The acetic acid and gingerol work together to trigger weight loss in the body. These ingredients reduce fat storage, especially in the belly area. They help you to tap into your own fat reserves for energy.
6. Drinking this every day helps your digestive system in breaking down foods that you eat. The spiciness of the ginger triggers a warming effect called “thermogenesis.” This speeds up your metabolism and helps in the process of burning fat and digesting foods.
7. The drink effectively reduces the risk of suffering from gallbladder, liver or kidney stones, as it breaks down oxalates from your food.
8. Studies have shown that gingerol and shoagoal are extremely powerful natural cancer fighters. They have been shown to block the development of ovarian, pancreas and prostate cancer, however, more research is required.
9. Ginger and apple cider vinegar rapidly lower inflammation throughout the body and works better than ibuprofen and aspirin. This triggers the body’s natural healing mechanisms, as you will begin to feel healthier overall.
10. Women who suffer from painful period cramps or PMS should consider drinking today’s remedy regularly. This natural remedy reduces the intensity and duration of the pain. 11. High blood sugar is very common nowadays and causes weight gain. The body uses insulin to remove the sugar and pushes it into fat cells. Ginger brings the blood sugars back to normal and reduces insulin resistance in the body. This speeds up the process of weight loss and aids in healing diabetes.
12. If you suffer from acid reflux or a painful burning sensation in the chest then you may be suffering from indigestion. This happens when the stomach struggles to break down foods because it is too alkaline or has a high Ph. The apple cider vinegar and ginger drink strengthen stomach acid, bringing the Ph. down to its natural levels. The stomach then breaks down foods properly, relieving heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion pain. The minerals and nutrients from your foods become absorbed properly, and your overall health increases. The ginger also prevents the formation of stomach ulcers down the line.
13. If you have to swell in the legs or feet, then today’s remedy can definitely help you. It reduces a build-up of unwanted fluids which could be causing pressure in the muscles and joints, especially for older people.
14. The drink also reduces the levels of uric acid in the body, which helps to keep gout and many other forms of arthritis at bay.
15. Drinking this alongside food improves your body’s ability to absorb nutrients. Eating healthy cruciferous vegetables and protein with the meal gets the vitamins and minerals into your cells fast.
16. After following this remedy for a week or more, you may notice that you can think more clearly. It improves the health of the central nervous system and can enhance memory, recall and clarity of thought.
17. The drink itself contains healthy doses of magnesium, vitamin b6 and many trace nutrients which aid the body in a multitude of ways.
18. Compounds within the ginger have the ability to destroy harmful bacteria which may have infected the body. This works against drug-resistant bacteria making it an excellent alternative to antibiotics.
19. Apple cider vinegar helps to destroy harmful pathogens found in foods, particularly in seafood.
20. If you prefer you can purchase ginger and apple cider vinegar in capsule form. These are easier to take on the go, but the drink made fresh works best.
21. Alternatively, you can make ginger juice by grating the fresh roots finely and squeezing through a cheesecloth. This is very potent and can be added to the apple cider vinegar water directly.
22. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be applied delicately to externally to moles to remove them over the course of a month.
23. The ginger essential oil also has a great range of health benefits and uses. It can be massaged into the skin to treat cramps, muscle pain and heal injuries.
24. Watermelon Juice and Ginger can be mixed together and drank to create yet another powerful tonic. This increases blood flow around the body for those with poor circulation.