The Health Benefits of Arrowroot Powder and its uses.
1. Arrowroot powder has been used for over 7000 years in cooking and to boost health. This is a flavourless white powder which is commonly used to thicken sauces and soups as an alternative to flour.
2. Arrowroot powder is made by extracting healthy starches from the roots of specific plants which grow in different parts of the world.
3. It contains lots of nutrition and is much healthier than flour, corn-starch and other thickening agents used in cooking. It also has twice the thickening power.
4. It contains healthy doses of B vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and zinc.
5. More and more people are becoming intolerant to gluten, therefore people are cutting unhealthy flour from their diet. Arrowroot is a perfect alternative for those with coeliac disease, as it is gluten-free.
6. This has been used to treat diarrhoea in people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, as it is very gentle on the digestive system.
7. The calcium chloride within arrowroot helps to balance the pH level of the body.
8. It also stimulates bile production, helping your body to process fats and balancing cholesterol levels. It is recommended for those with heart problems to use this healthy alternative.
9. The copper and iron boost blood circulation and help those suffering from anaemia. It also oxygenates the organs and body overall, keeping you in healthy shape.
10. The B vitamins help to speed up a sluggish metabolism and cause your energy levels to increase and absorb more nutrients from the foods that you eat.
11. Traditionally this was also used as an alternative to baby powder for infants. 12. Arrowroot is also used to make a delicious alternative to fried chips. Simply slice some sweet potatoes and add a little salt and arrowroot powder and bake.
13. It is also used as a binding agent to make healthy burgers, ice creams, stews, cakes bread and pasta.
14. It can be used topically on the skin as it is known as a natural soothing agent. This is often used on minor wounds, blemishes or rashes and does not cause irritation.
15. You can purchase this from most supermarkets and baking supply stores. It can also be found in health food stores as it is gluten-free.