The health benefits of bladderwrack
1. Bladderwrack is a seaweed which was discovered in 1811. This is used to make a natural medicine to cure health problems.
2. This plant grows on the coasts of the North Sea, the western Baltic Sea and in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It is often dried and made into capsules which you can buy in health food stores.
3. Taking bladderwrack every day is a way to naturally heal thyroid problems. Most people are deficient in Iodine which causes hormonal issues. Bladderwrack is one of the richest sources of iodine known to man and therefore heals this gland.
4. The iodine from bladderwrack and other sea vegetables is easily absorbed by the body and helps the body to regulate its weight, body temperature, muscle contractions, heart rate and much more.
5. It is also rich in beta-carotene which is a form of vitamin A. This reduces the risk of macular degeneration, protecting the eyesight with age.
6. You can also purchase bladderwrack in powdered form, and it can be added to delicious stews, stir-fries or smoothies.
7. It is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory foods in the world. If you suffer from arthritis, gout, skin irritation or haemorrhoids then taking this daily will help. When the body metabolises the nutrients within the weed, swelling throughout the body is reduced and the body’s natural healing processes kick in.
8. Bladderwrack also contains Fucoidan, a rare type of fibre which may reduce the risk of cancerous tumours. Scientific studies are currently underway in researching these benefits.
9. If you suffer from digestive problems, then consuming bladderwrack can help. The alginic acid it contains helps to relieve constipation and promote a healthy gut.
10. Vegans and vegetarians often eat this as it is a dense source of nutrition for the body. It is commonly paired with Irish Sea Moss to produce a super healthy combination.
11. The vitamins and minerals also reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke, by strengthening the blood vessels.
12. This and other forms of seaweed such as kelp are used as a natural cure to treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in women (PCOS.)
13. The vast amount of trace minerals are important for organ function. By improving the health of the internal organs, the blood becomes cleansed of toxins, making you feel a greater sense of wellbeing.
14. We recommend blending bladderwrack into your morning smoothies. A breakfast smoothie with superfoods such as this is a great way to improve your health.