Check ALOO PARATHA RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
ALOO PARATHA RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Aloo Paratha Recipe / How To Make Aloo Paratha Recipe / Potato Paratha / Stuffed Potato Paratha
Aloo paratha recipe or Potato stuffed paratha is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India. Aloo parathas are basically wheat dough stuffed with a spiced mixture of mashed potato, onion, green chili, coriander leaves and ginger which is rolled out with dough and cooked on a hot tawa with butter or ghee and cook it till turns little golden brown. You can enjoy with butter on top and pickle or curd or chutney. You can serve as a weekend breakfast or brunch.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dough : —- –
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 3 cup
- Water as needed –
For Stuffing: —- –
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Garam Masala – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Sauf – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Butter / Oil for frying –
- In a bowl, add atta or maida and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- For Stuffing : —- In a bowl, add mashed potato, onion, coriander leaves, green chili, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, ginger, sauf and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa, turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot aloo paratha with curd or your favorite chutney or pickle.
ALOO PARATHA RECIPE was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about ALOO PARATHA RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook ALOO PARATHA RECIPE then let us know.