Check DALIA UPMA RECIPES Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
DALIA UPMA RECIPES Ingredients & Instructions
Dalia Upma Recipes / Broken Wheat Upma / Cracked Wheat Upma
Dalia upma recipes is a very healthy, delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe to start your day. Dalia is rich in fiber and low in fat. Broken wheat is known as gothumai rava or samba ravai in Tamil and dalia in hindi. Upma is a healthy breakfast prepared with broken wheat and vegetables. You can serve with curd and papad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Dalia/Broken Wheat/Crushed Wheat for Dalia – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1 medium
- Green Pea – 1/4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Mushroom (Thickly Sliced) – 1/4 cup
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Wash the dalia thoroughly and blanch it in 2 cups of hot water for 4 min, remove extra water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium flame, add cumin seed, onion, curry leaves, capsicum and green chili.
- Fry it till the onion turns little brown.
- Add the peas, carrots, mushroom, dalia and salt, fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 1-2 whistle.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dalia upma with curd.
DALIA UPMA RECIPES was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about DALIA UPMA RECIPES below. If you know any more ways to cook DALIA UPMA RECIPES then let us know.