Check RAVA IDLI RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
RAVA IDLI RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Rava Idli Recipe / How To Make Rava Idli / Quick Rawa Idli Recipe
Rava Idli Recipe is a very famous South Indian recipe which is very simple to prepare at home. Rava Idlis are a super fast alternative to the traditional rice-dal idlis. Rava idli is a variation of the popular South Indian breakfast item, idli, made with rava-semolina-rawa or bombay rava. Rave idli is served hot with saagu and coconut chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Sooji/Rava – 1 cup
- Butter Milk – 1 to 1 ¼ cup
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves –
- Salt as per taste –
For Tadka/popu/tempering: –
- Curry Leaves – 10-12 Leaves
- Urad Dal (skinned split black lentils) – 1 tbsp
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram) – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Grated Carrot (Optinal) – 1/2 cup
- Pea (Optinal) – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, add rawa, buttermilk and salt, soak for 30 min.
- For tadka, heat the oil in a small frying pan, add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add onions, carrot, pea and green chili, fry till onions are golden brown and allow to cool the onions slightly and add to the rawa batter.
- Add coriander leaves and baking soda to the batter just before steaming.
- Grease the idly holder or idli moulds well with oil.
- Fill each of them with ¾ th full of batter.
- place the idli plate into steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Gently take the soft idlies from the plate using a greased spoon.
- Serve hot idli with coconut chutney.
RAVA IDLI RECIPE was last modified: July 29th, 2019 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about RAVA IDLI RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook RAVA IDLI RECIPE then let us know.